LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aanchal@123   19 June 2019

Maternity leave benefits

How much a women entitled to get paid during her maternity leaves full salary payment or only medical expenses??

Learning

9 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 June 2019

Dear querist, no medical expenses will be given.  Only maternity leave for 180 days will be granted on full pay.

aanchal@123   19 June 2019

Thanks for the reply can you send me some authorised link or government website reference link with highlighted paid benefit for the same it will be grateful.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     19 June 2019

A women under the Maternity Benefit Act is also entitled to get medical expenses if the employer do not provide pre natal care. As of now the medical expenses is Rs 3500/-. This medical expenses is also known as medical bonus under the MB Act.

In case the employer who did not provide natal care to its employee, is liable to provide medical bonus of Rs 3500/- to its employee.

aanchal@123   20 June 2019

Only Medical expenses or bonus no salary? In any case.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     20 June 2019

Medical expenses is also known as medical bonus. It is provided to the woman if the employer has not provided pre or post natal care. This medical bonus of Rs 3500/- (as of now) excludes the salary.

aanchal@123   20 June 2019

thanks for reply but it still doesn't solved my query do they has to pay me salary or its up to the company that they pay it or not? regardless they only pay medical bonus..?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     20 June 2019

Any establishment where 10 or more workmen have worked, there maternity benefit act is applicable. Again to be eligible to get maternity benefit, you need to work for 80 days in the 12 months immediately preceding her expected date of delivery in that establishment. If you are eligible and if the act is applicable in your establishment, the employer must pay you maternity benefit as well as medical bonus. I hope you are clear now!

Mittal Ninama   05 September 2019

In continuation to this , i also want to ask question that , is there any provision for giving break for breast feeding to woman employees upto twelve months after giving birth to the child ?? i heard it somewhere.. i m 8th month pregnant.. working in semi govt organisation..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2019

Thigs are getting confused.

the querist is perhaps aware of the right of woman to get full wages during ML.

Medical reimbursement is right of any employee as per service agreement/rules (if not availed by spouce).  This right is not inflinged by the type pof leave and this right also does not infringe any other right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register