LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Judah   11 June 2019

Commercial use of residential apartment

espected Lawyers I reside in an apartment which houses around 22 flat owners/tenants. We do not have a registered society association but do have a body looking after the requirements of the premises. Without consent, an owner on the third floor has renovated his flat into a media studio. Recently he has also purchased the ground floor and is converting the same into a commercial office for networking and media purpose. My concern is - 1) How can this owner run a commercial office in a residential apartment 2) The business consists of media advertisement 3) The business involves usage of heavy electronic and electrical equipment which is hazardous or unsafe 4) They have not followed safety regulations 5) Visitors or vendors are a nuisance and are occupying our parking space 6) He doesn't pay pay for the maintenance as a normal resident Kindly advise about how we can solve this issue, we wish to stop the said commercial activities reminding the residents strictly about their safety and privacy. We do not wish to fight a fire accident. Thanking you while I anticipate the response

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     12 June 2019

Get information from local Municipal authority about the terms on which the plans were approved for the building. Submit a written complaint to the Municipal Authorities if the approval was for residential usage only and not for commercial usage.

Judah   16 June 2019

Ok thanks. Just to let you know, this was built around 30yrs ago and the person who bought the apts was 2 years back on his wife's name. I shall find out at the muncipal office.

Judah   16 June 2019

Ok thanks. Just to let you know, this was built around 30yrs ago and the person who bought the apts was 2 years back on his wife's name. I shall find out at the muncipal office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register