Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitu   07 June 2019

Proof of separation for divorce

Hi,

I belong to Ajmer and also got married in Ajmer. I left my wife 7 months ago  and started living separately in Jaipur. Now I have decided to divorce her. I came to know that I can divorce her after completing 1 year of separation and will also have to show a proof of separation (like rental agreement). Is it true?

The problem is that I am living on rent in a boys hostel from last 7 months without a rental agreement. Can I get a rental agreement in back date and use it for divorce after 5 months when I complete 1 year? Will it be considered invalid if I do so? Does a rental agreement contains current date on which it was created?

Also, is it necessary to live at same address for 1 year? What if I change my address after 9 months and stay at a different address for next 3 months? Will I need two different rental agreement in that case for proving separation?

If a back date rental agreement is not acceptable by court, will I have to actually stay at a new address for another 1 year and wait for 1 year 7 months in total (previous 7 months + another 1 year = total 1 year 7 months) for filing divorce?

I don’t want to wait for next 5 months and actually complete 1 year. I don’t think all people who file divorce actually stay somewhere and wait for 1 year. If a back date agreement is acceptable, can’t I somehow get a 1 year old rental agreement of an address where I didn’t even actually stay? Does this trick actually work in court? If not, is there another trick like this?

What are other options of proving separation except rent agreement?

Please reply.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Jitu   09 June 2019

Could someone please reply?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register