Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PARTHA SARTHY   30 May 2019

how can a father divide a multi storer building to there 2 sons?

my dad want to divide a property to me and my brothers name its a building of 4 floors so how can it be divided?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2019

How can any member guess the intents of your father, he may seek the opinion of both of his sons, and hear their objections or desires and then take a decision by contacting experts so that they do not resort to fightings during his life, hating their father.  Some fathers are smarter, and they write the will and the will comes into force only at a future date, and father can remain peaceful during his lifetime.  This is the father's prerogative and depends on advantages/disadvantages and if a father is traditional, Vastu for a division of property.

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     31 May 2019

If it is self earned property he can give to any one of his sons. If he wants to divide it equally, he can retain one floor and give his sons one floor each. The Floor retained by the Father can thereafte be given to anyone of his sons.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   31 May 2019

Let appoint a civil engineer he comes to spot and verify the building and divide it according to valuation and Ur wishes and furnishes it to .

PARTHA SARTHY   31 May 2019

thank you sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register