LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Francisco Coelho   20 May 2019

inheritance in Goa

My parents made a gift deed when my sister was getting married, stating that she has been gifted with money and wedding expenses,and that she has agreed to that and she will have no future rights in paternal or maternal shares,which she agreed to.We are only two children who are alive and also married and I am the only living son.My parents also made separate wills stating that upon their deaths respectively all the property,bank account etc.. will be given to me.I have looked after my parents (my father was heart patient and my mother cancer patient).Now my sister is gone to court asking for her share in the property.Also I had sent my father money to buy a flat for me and he did so,and after my arrival back in Goa he transferred the same to my name,in the co-operative housing society.Now my sister says that my father has bought the flat and she wants half of it also.Can you please advise me what to do?This is in court for past 5years and it is a mental , physical, and financial strain on me and my wife and daughter.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register