Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Businessman)     05 May 2019

Are cops committed to conduct an inspection under suspicion?

I had recently submitted an ad in the newspaper "Dainik Jagran" seeking for a bride for myself. You may find it crazy but I wanted a girl without brother because an astrologer had said that my marriage will be successful where the girl doesn't have a brother.

After 1-2 days of the ad, I got a call from a lady claiming from 'Mangalam wedding' called me and said that she can search for a bride without a brother. She then sent me details and a photo of a very attractive and good looking beautiful girl on WhatsApp whose name was mentioned as ‘Arpita Yadav’. It was also mentioned that she has 1 brother. When I questioned her on that then she said that that is her distant cousin brother and not real which she didn’t specify on WhatsApp.

She then asked me to deposit Rs. 4,500/- on Mangalam Account so that she can release the contact information to me. She also said that incase it doesn’t finalize to marriage, she would refund my payment. In addition to that, she claimed to have confirmed that here whole family including the girl whose name was mentioned as Arpita were ready for this alliance.

I am ready to pay only if the details are true. However, it is highly doubtful because I never received an invitation or interest in any matrimonial site from such a good looking girl. She even claimed that they had also paid an amount for getting my details. When I surfed the net, I found few cases which were similar to mine and these were reported as fraud.

When I visited my local police station, a lady cop called upon me and asked my issue. I told her about the above and she said that there is fraud done yet. I said that atleast some preliminary investigation should be done but she said that I should not go for paying the amount if I suspect fraud. I then said that atleast as a moral responsibility I am assisting you and maybe if they get caught then it may help many aggrieved people with whom they had committed fraud. However, she refused to accept any information for investigation and asked me to leave.

Now, is there any clause or section in IPC or CrPc were she was committed to conduct an investigation or she is free to refuse any such proceeding? If she is free to reject any action, then I suppose that we should remove traffic police and checking for drunk drivers and act only after they hit and kill someone with their vehicle. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register