LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan   01 May 2019

Property division

Hi My father stated a business and build few properties including land, factory, some houses etc. We are 3 brothers and 3 sisters. I am youngest brother of all. Most of the properties acquired while my father was alive, was in name of my elder brothers or their wife. I was unmarried till the time my father expired. In his will he divided whatever he had among my mother and we 3 brothers.. All financial and firms were in name of various members of family with most being in name of my elder brothers. I started doing job as my brothers told not to be part of family business as there is not much income, but I can see there is pretty high earning than any good level job. Now when I again asked to join business, they are denying and they acquired more properties on their names from same business. When I asked for my share, they are saying whatever is with their name, is theirs and cannot be divided. Even the ones that are their wife or sons name. Even one property by my name, they are asking equal share in that. They are showing that the current amount in hand minus the one needs to be paid makes us even on money front. And any property made during my father cannot be divided. And the one acquired after my father's demise, can be shared but with very small share for me with lots of conditions. What are my legal options.

Learning

4 Replies

Rajan   01 May 2019

To add to that they are considering all my savings done by my job while dividing and subtracting that from common business share. With all these terms and calculations they will leave me with very very small share than I may deserve. Various other members of my family also agrees that this is not fair but not sure if any legality...

Shashi Dhara   02 May 2019

U contact local eminent advocate and explain every thing and file civil suit for partition that the earningswas joint family earnings and u have equal share n it. Don't hesitate if once steps to court and takes stay they surely come to compromise .then umay bargain and take Ur share if not continue suit the suit it takes at least 10 yrs

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2019

You have option to file a suit for partition. However, there are much  issue to sorted out while drawing up the plaint. 

Rajan   04 May 2019

Thanks. So you mean this can be sorted legally even though properties are registered on their name.. Whether the property was acquired before my father's demise or after.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register