LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore   30 April 2019

Govt Financial Institution-Sabbatical Leave Application

Currently I am working as an Assistant Manager in a Govt Financial Institution.I submitted a sabbatical leave application on 17th March 2019 as per the extant rules and guidelines, routed through proper channel.As per the sabbatical leave policy guidelines,one who want to avail the facility will have to submit application through proper channel prior to 3 months from the date which he want to proceed on sabbatical leave.But later I submitted another application to waive off 17 days of notice period to competent authoriry and thus my sabbatical leave will commence from June 1,2019. The problem is that HR deptt have not yet confirmed in written that i can proceed to sabbatical leave from 1st june 2019.Though it was verbally communicated by HR deptt that they are processing my application and i can proceed to sabbatical leave from 1st June 2019. Kindly advise me whether i can proceed on sabbatical leave from 1st June 2019 or wait till confirmation from HR deptt is recived. I need legal advice in this matter. . Thanks & reagards Kishore

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     30 April 2019

Is it a legal matter? Please contact your HR Department and get the matter resolved.  You are working in an organisation and you should deal with the department concerned and should not run to Lawyers for legal help at the smallest of inconvenience.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 April 2019

Any rules and regulations on leave state that sanctioning authority should communicate either sanction or rejection within the time frame.  When the employee wanted to waive the time frame fixed for applying for such type of leave, members can not provide any guidance.  It is personally your discretion and choice.  I have seen many employers harassing for sanctioning leave and this small matter ruined the careers of several employees.  Contact sanctioning authority and always obtain written sanction and do not take anything granted on oral assurances in employment matters, as no sanctioning authority will continue in the same post for years.  Simple advice is have patience and do not allow this leave matter affect your future in the organization.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 April 2019

Who is the Leave Sanctioning Authority? Has your controlling authority/immediate superior recommended your caase for sanction?

Kishore   02 May 2019

The Leeave santioncing authority is General Manager,HRV as per the Delegation of power.Yes it was recommended by my superiors.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register