LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Petitioner   24 April 2019

chief of petitioner in a case

We registered for the marriage because we had to Apply for the visa, for her to come with me immediately after the wedding and planned to have a custom wedding later on when I had holidays. I returned back to my work country on the same day we registered. but due to differences of opinion we did not get married and then she decided to apply for nullification of marriage. the case was filed in July last year, the case has been taking too long to finish, hence I have decided to become an ex-parte. my lawyer has submitted to the court that I'm not willing to contest in the case. the next purpose of hearing is "chief of petitioner". what does this mean? how many more hearings would it take to finish the case?

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 April 2019

The court had instructed the Petitioner to lead evidence along with affidavit  and on completion of the same you are suppose to lead evidence, since you remained expartie on taking chief by the Petitioner the matter will be adjourned for expartie argument and then will be posted for orders. At the most 2 to 3 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register