Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh (engineer)     17 April 2019

Case against noise from house under construction ??

Hi All,

Need an help. we are building new house in bangalore (inside city) with plan approved from BBMP.  All my neighbours(front, both sides and back) are we accomedative.  However except one person from diagnoally opposite apartment(at least 50mts apart). in apartment thr are 8 houses and this person is creating lot of trouble saying too much noise is coming while cutting grinite. mine is a small 30X40 site house with just 2 floors and construction has some deviations from plan.

the guy is threating to stop work etc by filing case/escalation. not sure what he is upto, but wanted to know from experts in this group, if his case would be valid is court and any proactive steps that i need to take to safe gaurd myself. (Around 1 month work pending).

thanks in advance 

Learning

6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 April 2019

speak to the person and try to sortout the issue amicably.

Shashi Dhara   17 April 2019

Same problem in my house surroundingsalso.I cud was helpless nothing happened. surroundings also advocates. In vain. Simple suggestion u do one thing take some cotton and insert it to ears.

Ganesh (engineer)     18 April 2019

Thanks Sravan Sir, we tried but its going out of control now. :-( we requested, asked for time...etc but nothing helped. Seems like he is sole earner ...and claims to have lot of contacts with high officials etc....not sure if its true...

too much of threating and harrasing .....trying to stop work every day...

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 April 2019

In a crowded city the neighbor next door or even you is likely to cause some such problem which is unavoidable. Imagine yourself, trying to demolish one of your room for reconstructions, so the best solutions is to Love your neighbor or Biblkicaly speaking learn to love your neighbor as youirself.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 April 2019

in that case file injunction suit against him

Carolyn Denton (Law student)     20 May 2019

So, I guess, there are no ideas for this situation. That's sad cause I have the same problem with my neighbours

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register