LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kunal Shaw   04 April 2019

Exempt from election duty

I had got an appointment order of training in connection with General Election of House of the People 2019 from my office on 25th March 2019, provided by DM &DEO office as 1st Polling Officer. The training is on 06th April and 20th April 2019 at Kolkata. During this period, my marriage is fixed long back i.e. on 19th April at Ranchi (Return on 20th April at night) and some rituals started on 6th and 7th and again from 13th April 2019 onwards upto my reception ceremonies and some post wedding rituals is also going to take place. Further, I had also booked ticket to go outside with my wife from 27th April to 05th May. My leave concerned with my marriage ceremonies was also sanctioned from my office. In this context, I had forwarded a letter through proper channel from my office to the office of The DM &DEO, Kolkata on 27th March 2019 regarding exemption from training as well as polling duty and personally met In charge of PP Cell on 29th March, but he could not consider my request and said to attend 1st training by adjusting ur rituals. Further on the date of same day i.e. on 29th March, he forwarded a letter to my office (received on 1st April 2019) that right now election office is not in a position to exempt any one. Please ask him to attend 1st phase of training. Please tell what action election office may take if I would not attend trg on 06th April as my presence is utmost important in rituals of my marriage and kindly suggest some measures to overcome this problem.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 April 2019

Obey the orders first, you may face consequences under discipline rules. Rituals can postpone. But duty is important first.

Kunal Shaw   05 April 2019

It means, I have to cancel my marriage i.e. on 19th April (night)at Ranchi and returns to Kolkata on 20th April (night) as 2nd date of training is on 20th April.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register