LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrashekar   09 April 2019

Name transfer of house after wife's death

I had gone thro an advocate for getting the name changed after my wife's death. I have one daughter also. I had appeared for the hearing and was waiting for the order to pass. Now, my advocate is asking a sum of 62000/- as court fees and stamp duty. As far as I know, court fees is not there now and the q'tion of stamp duty, it does not arise. What could be this charges for, they say that the receipt of court and stamp fees will be given. Kindly advise

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 April 2019

Dear sir, why did you go to Advocate's office for name change in property?  state full facts clearly to advise.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     09 April 2019

you ought to have applied for mutation before concerned Muncipality to get the name changed. I dont understand for what purpose you have approached the court?

Chandrashekar   13 April 2019

I recently saw my order online and found that the order has been passed and the heirship certificate will be issued only after I give the court fees. My wife has share certificates, to my assumption, the court fees should not be more than the value of shares, please correct me if I am wrong

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register