LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Garg   11 March 2019

Dowry case / domestic violence case after divorce

I want to divorce my wife but I am afraid If I file divorce against her then she can file a false dowry case / domestic violence case (FIR) against me and my family. How common is it? Is this very common? Does it happen in every divorce case?

If she lodges an FIR, will police arrest me and my family without even checking that it is true or not. Is arrest in dowry case / domestic violence case non-bailable ?

I heard that rules have changed now and police doesn’t directly arrest in these cases. They investigate case first for 10-15 days and then take action accordingly. Is that true? If yes, can we get a bail in case police arrest after investigation?

What is the actual police process now a days if someone files a dowry case / domestic violence case (FIR) ?

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

NSV VARA PRASAD   11 March 2019

If you have a strong problem within you. It's not a problem at all.

Sharwanand   11 March 2019

Hi Sir, 

As per present law, if your wife file 498A and other sections related to domestic violence , police people will call you to station and make first round of enquiry

Its better to take lawyer with you to station. So that police cannot make any false allegations and mishandle you. domestic violence cases are now bailable. 

Inclduing A1 to rest of the people will sure get station bail. Make sure you take lawyer with you who is loyal to clients.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register