LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiva maroju   09 March 2019

comoany has taken cheque as my employment bond

hi ...need ur advice. i have joined an it company one month back...i went for only two day....after that i have sever pain in my kidney .i have instant surgery also...right nkw i cant further continue my job as it is totally night shift based one...and it is far away from my home ......i have done stop cheque payment from.my side .........

plz suggest me what can my employer will do if i say that i have to quit my job .....will their be any legal consequences.....

plz kindly give ur suggestion to get rid from this issue.....

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 March 2019

Have you signed any Bond undertaking to work for a minimum period of time in the organisation failing which certain amount shall be paid? Cheque cannot be taken in lieu of a Bond.Whether the cheque is blank cheque or amount was filled up. When you fell sick, did you atleast inform your employer by mail about your impending absence?

Most probably company may decide not to chase you with a court case etc as it is waste of time for them. Instead they could have hired a new person by now. In case you have signed a Bond, Company may try to file case, which I feel is a remote chance. But if they file a case based on a bond signed by you, you have to face the conceqeunces. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 March 2019

The company cannot enforce the Bond unilaterally. In the given facts, they have no grounds or justification to enforce the same. In case, they proceed under Section 138 NI, you can reply to the statutory notice bringing out all the facts.

shiva maroju   10 March 2019

thanq ..u fr ur reply si......@ sivaram prasad kappagantu sir

as u said..that .....i have ... signed a bond ... for one year...and the paper which i have signed was not an 20rs bond paper..they have just made an xerox of it...and i have signed on that paper...

and other thing is that ..i have informed to my manager regarding my health issue.....

their is no attendance taken for me ..because it was only two days i went to office ..and they didnt even gave my apppintment letter ......

when i asked about my appoint ment leeter they said it will taken an another 15days time to get an appointment letter they said they will email it......

plz suggest me ...sir

shiva maroju   10 March 2019

@om prakash

y u are saying over smart and cunning fellow sir...

iam not lying ...i have all the documents with me regarding my surgery and scanning .copies with me...do u think that im lying sir......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register