LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MATHAVAN   06 March 2019

Children custody jurisdiction- regarding

My ex wife filed a case for children custody after our legal divorce.My 2 sons( 14 years& 9 years respectively) are living with me in my custody , more than 2 years after our separation and studying.  My ex wife filed the case where she resides and not in the jurisdiction of minor children are living now.both are  different and having distance.
Now the case is in enquiry stage after filing counter.My advocate didn't apply for rejection of petition and he said it is unable to do in the lower courts like high court.
My doubts:
1. Mother is having the rights to file this case in her residence as the jurisdiction, as a concession given to ladies?
2.My advocate say is correct?

pl reply.
MATHAVAN 

Learning

7 Replies

Rashi Chandok   07 March 2019

Dear Sir,

I would like to answer your first question by saying that yes she can file a case near her residence because it does fall under the jurisdiction of the suit. Secondly, according to my experience, that rejection of plaint can be applied in any court

1 Like

Dear Sir,

I would like to answer your first question by saying that yes she can file a case near her residence because it does fall under the jurisdiction of the suit. Secondly, according to my experience, that rejection of plaint can be applied in any court

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

MATHAVAN   07 March 2019

Thanks Sir.

Pritam mohanty   09 March 2019

A mother wants to send his son forcibly to boarding school........ Can it be possible without consent of father....... Later I want to know the legal age of boarding school in India..... What can be done in this case

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     02 February 2021

A Survey is being conducted for Reforms in functioning of Family Courts in India.

Separated Parents in Child Custody / Visitation disputes are requested to participate and fill the form in link below.

Our Children Deserve Better

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfb-7gq8lVMUed9PQqkMV3gYCb5TC5WgH5wMKV0uaJB-Rc9yQ/viewform

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register