LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Renuka   07 March 2019

Leaving company after three weeks

Hi Experts, I have one query, appreciate if someone could help me. I have joined in one IT company, after working there for three weeks due to family emergency I came home and couldn't able to report anyone for two days. After third day I called HR, RM and informed that I won't be in a position to continue work. Later day I got call from another HR saying, I need to pay the three months notice or I need to serve the notice. Now today they sent me letter that, I need to come back and join the organization within the third day of receiving that letter, or else they will terminate my service. They can legally proceed in case of my non-compliance to their letter. Now I sent reply to their letter, saying that due to family issue I cannot be able to continue working there. One more thing would like to mention is, I got salary for that three weeks in the month end of that particular month. Could please anyone let me know, how to proceed in this situation.

Learning

4 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     07 March 2019

What were the terms in your offer letter ?

You have  signed any employment agreemnt ?

Renuka   07 March 2019

I didn't sign any agreement. As per offer letter she is asking me serve notice or but out notice.

Renuka   07 March 2019

I didn't sign any agreement. As per offer letter she is asking me serve notice or but out notice.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     07 March 2019

Since offer letter gives some conditions upon which the job is offered and you sign it as acceptance. 

If the term of serving a notice of any duration is there then you are bound to do so. You must submit an apllication and explain them your inability to join the office. You must sort it out amicabily.

Just read your offer letter and find what are the consequiences of quiting the job without  serving notice .

If they threaten only termination that may be fine with you as just three months job  and you wont mention for experience in future job 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register