LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   02 March 2019

Intercaste reservation

My father belongs to obc and mother upper caste. I'm following my father's caste . Am I eligible for obc reservation in post graduation, in central govt institutions like AIIMS , JIPMER. My family also belong to non creamy layer

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 March 2019

Yes, you may avail benefit of reservation as per law.

Anand   03 March 2019

Thank you sir, I'm a resident of Kerala. When I approached tahasildar for the same obc non creamy layer certificate they said that as my mother belong to higher caste they can't provide the certificate. There was some circular saying that if one of parent belong to upper caste their children can't avail benefit of reservation . Wot to do sir

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 March 2019

As per my knowledge, in other states the son inherits the caste of his father and income is the criterion for NCL certificate.  I do not know the prevailing practice in certain communities of Kerala like in Nair, where females have rights.  Competent person is Tehasildar.   File RTI application and seek copy of such clause.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the copy of rules and regulations/circulars/notifications/Government orders that a son born in an intercaste marriage gets the caste of the mother, and hence not to be treated in father's backward class.

Once you get the laid down law, you can think of future course.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register