LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjusha   20 February 2019

Adoption deed under jj act

Im a Central Govt employee and last year I adopted a male child under JJ Act from Kerala.  We already have a biological son. Now when I wanted to include my adopted childs in office records, the admin section wanted to see the adoption deed which is not mandatory in JJ act.  I dont have adoption deed, only final court order is with me. Is it necessary that I should have an adoption deed and also please tell how to get this deed if required.

Learning

11 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     20 February 2019

If your office want an instrument of adoption deed then get it it is very simple.

You shoud get an adoption deed drafted and register in the court of registrar, there is no difficulty in that .

Check with a petition writer avaible outside of every court.

how long it will take. So again whether I have to file a petition and what will be the cost

Just need to check with the stamp vendors in the court premises, they will tell you .It does not cost too much just there is no court fee  except for registration charges and the stamp paper on which the deed is drafted.

Even you can check with some  fresher advocate  .

Once your deed is drafted just submit in the court and they will give you the date to appear for  the dpurpose of registration, you should take your adopted with you in the court .

Just need to check with the stamp vendors in the court premises, they will tell you .It does not cost too much just there is no court fee  except for registration charges and the stamp paper on which the deed is drafted.

Once your deed is drafted just submit in the court and they will give you the date to appear for  the dpurpose of registration, you should take your adopted  child with you in the court .

Once your deed is drafted just submit in the court and they will give you the date to appear for  the dpurpose of registration, you should take your adopted  child with you in the court .

(Guest)

An adoption deed is to be drafted perfectly to avoid future problems between your biological son and adpoted child.

regards

Balachander Reddy

Advcoate

Hyderabad

Is it mandatory that we have do this process from where the state we have adopted. Or is it allowed to register at the court where we are residing.

Is it mandatory that we have do this process from where the state we have adopted. Or is it allowed to register at the court where we are residing.

The adoption deed can be executed in either where you reside permanantly or whre the child belonged/adopted.

SInce you have the court order granting adoption it will be easier for you to register the deed in your own place.

You cause is noble , but unfortunately the laws are made to take care for every one ,for the dopted child as well as the adopting parents.

Regards

thank you sir for your guidance. 

you are most welcome

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register