LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Johnson Rodrigues   12 February 2019

property dispute

does my sister husband have any rights over my late parents property /house , my sister n her husband are currently staying at my parents house , were i stay too

Learning

4 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     12 February 2019

Sister's husband has no right in your parents property. Aside you held that your sister and her husband starts residing in your parent's house.... first of all the house belongs to her even (assuming there is no left behind will from your parents) and apart she is too residing with her husband, there is no problem and no law can stop them from this!! 

For your right: - You also start living in that house. In case there is no room left for you, tactfully occupy a room and start residing there. In the mean time if you and your sister arrives a settlement, maintain that else file a suit for partition. 

Johnson Rodrigues   12 February 2019

thanks for your reply mr pradipta nath , i just want to add I m already staying there , my sis is working in London n told her husband to go back to his parents house but he is not ready to move out , can i forcefully throw him out

Martin S.   12 February 2019

Originally posted by : Johnson Rodrigues
does my sister husband have any rights over my late parents property /house , my sister n her husband are currently staying at my parents house , were i stay too

Not directly, but through your sister he can remote control as she has direct rights over property of your parents.  Equal share she has.

Johnson Rodrigues   13 February 2019

thanks mr martin s for your help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register