Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Boss 007   09 February 2019

Complaint details through RTI

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

If any one threatens that they have filed a formal complaint on me in police station, can i get the details of that complaint through RTI.

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     09 February 2019

You can as well go to the Police Station and enquire about a complaint so and so filed against you. If there is a complaint, you can explain your version to the Police. If they say, there isn't a complaint, you can think of filing a complaint of your own against the fellow trying to scare that he filed a complaint against you in PS as ge us scaring you wrongfully using the name of Police. When you have nothing to fear, why not the direct approach, which is always better. Okay, if you don't like direct approach, surely you can file RTI query duly giving your name, address, contact number etc to the RTI Official of the Police Department paying the requisite fee. Each state has its own RTI act. Follow procedure accordingly.

Boss 007   09 February 2019

Thanks for your valuable advise sir, actually the person who is threatening me is from other state, so instead going there I have submitted a request to RTI, with my details as well as that person details.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 February 2019

Wait for the response of State Public Information Officer.  When a document was submitted to any public authority, it becomes a public document and can be obtained under RTI.  However, if SPIO feels that there is a harm to person or property by disclosure of that document, he may deny it under Sec.8 (1) (j).  Mere quoting of Section and sub section in RTI is not enough, and SPIO must justify as to how he feels that such disclosure of public document causes security problem to complainant.  Some SPIOs use third party's opinion under Sec.11 as a matter of formality, though the ultimate decision is theirs.

Only after receiving either information or denial, you can go for First Appeal within 30 days from receipt of SPIO denial.  However, if a complaint was registered as FIR, any one can obtain such copy of FIR, and in fact several states , there were directives to upload all FIR's PS wise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register