LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Sharma   07 February 2019

Company not releasing me

I am currently part of a company and I was having 2 years of bond with that company. I have completed my bond on 6th Feb and also given my notice of 3 months which is ending on 27th Feb but my company is not releasing me saying that you can not give notice in bond period and considering my notice from 6th Feb that is ending of bond and saying you have to stay 3 more months after this for notice. There is nothing written about this in the agreement but they are not agreeing on that . I want to send a legal notice to them if it helps .

Learning

8 Replies

can you please tell me how they are correct as I have already served my notice of 3 months also I have completed my bond period.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 February 2019

Subham Sharmajee, Okay granted when to give notice is not written in bond and hence debatable. Logically, when you are bound by a bond to work 2 years, giving notice during that period does not arise. So your giving notice before end of bond period is just superfluous and nothing more than that. Why to complicate simple matters by resorting to legal notice and court action while in the final analysis, it just boils down to waiting 3 weeks. Give a fresh notice on 1st March and request them to relieve you after 3 weeks. You should think of the comfort and convenience of a Company which gave you job and paid salary for your work, affording you to learn at their cost. After all, when you quit they need time to hire somebody to take your place for which 3 weeks are needed.

Thank you sir for your kind advice I am asking them to take my notice from bond ending date and release me after a month as I have a joining in other company next month. But they are adament in there behavior saying that we will ruin your career and teach you a lesson I am pretty much stressed because of this that's why I have thought of sending notice. I will try again of they agree or else I will become jobless

I have just noticed it's not 3 weeks but 3 months. Even when it's 3 months my advice is same.

As far as possible, try to settle the matter amicably. You have to approach another Employer for a better job at which time you need to mention/show details of this job to prove your credentials regarding experience. If prospective employer contacts previous employer should atleast get a non-negative report but not a report that the person is quarrelsome and litigant in which case the would be employer becomes would have been employer. Please take care of your interest.

Thank you so much sir for your advice will try to settle the matter or I have to search for other job.

As far as possible, try to settle the matter amicably. You have to approach another Employer for a better job at which time you need to mention/show details of this job to prove your credentials regarding experience. If prospective employer contacts previous employer should atleast get a non-negative report but not a report that the person is quarrelsome and litigant in which case the would be employer becomes would have been employer. Please take care of your interest.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 February 2019

Your employer's stand is unconvincing. However, seeking or pursuing any remedy has its own inherent drawbacks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register