Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amol (Citizen of India)     29 May 2010

Domestic Violence filed by Father-In-law

Hello Learned friends,

I have come up with another complication:-

My Father-in-law along with my wife and Son (the order mentioned is according to case papers) has filed for Domestic Violence.

Can a man be a complainant? or is it that the court sees my father-in-law as a woman's father?

how has this been made possible that a man is complainant-1 though he hasn't signed any documents and the court accepts this case?

Learning

5 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     29 May 2010

ANY PERSON OF GOVT AUTH/ NGO/  RELATIVE OF WOMEN CAN  GIVE COMPLAINT AS PER THE DV ACT.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 May 2010

mr amol you have got complete answer from mr reddy.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     30 May 2010

Instead of dwelving to technicalities I would advise that both the husband and wife introspect themselves and explore for mutual reformation. A domestic violence case is not ordinarily preferred by either party unless she or he is pushed to the pillar. While there could be quite a lot of difference of opinion/disputes between husband and wife, a violence leads no-where. I am not joining the issue but express my frank views, being a firm believer of peace.

vasudevan

Amol (Citizen of India)     30 May 2010

Learned Friends,

Thank you for the advice. Mr Vasudevan I totally agree with you but you know very well the situation of men and their rights and how women are misusing the law for their benefit.

While wording my query I have not been careful and it is a mistake on my part. Sorry about that.

I rephrase my query " Domestic Incidence Report Contains aggrieved as my father-in-law and my wife."  

Though a small technical mistake I do have evidence of unclean hands all over the DIR. still out of personal interest I am just putting it up for discussion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register