Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiney   18 January 2019

Loan to a friend now he is not paying back

Hi All ,

I have given loan of 3 lacs 50 thousand to my friend who was in great need 1 and half year back and get 2 cheques form him one is 3 lacs and other is 50 thousands . Now he is ignoring me and not even picking up my calls . On cheques amount is mentiioned but there is no date , no name and uncrossed just having amount on it. Please help me how to collect my money from him . As I have given him amount in cash . Can I file the case against him .

Please advince .

Thanks in anticipation

Learning

7 Replies

Shiney   18 January 2019

Dear , Please advice if you know what leagally should be done only . 

Shiney   18 January 2019

Can I file check bounce case ? and what are the chances he will be penalized ?.

Aks   19 January 2019

What a  great country India is...where lawyers like Prasanna Advocate ..advice to their clients to commit crimes ....

Truly a superpower ! of corruption and lawlessness. SAD.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 January 2019

Contact a local advocate who can personally guide you in presenting the cheque and then for issuing notices under the Act and helps you in chosing a correct legal way.  Forget not that the other party may be having similar cases as he has cheated a friend who helped in his dire need.  Do not give him any further scope for counter allegations against you and avoid face to face encounters.  Try to bring pressure through common friends.

Shanmugam .C   19 January 2019

Sir,

First send a notice by RPAD  to your friend to repay the borrowed amount within  30 days otherwise the given cheque will be presented  for payment through your Bank. 

If no response from your friend after expiry of 30 days, Cheques may be presented with your Bank and on dishonored you may send legal notice to him . If no response  with in 15 days, you may take action to file case against  him.

Also note that you must be proved for the amount borrowed by your friend from you.

Regards.

C. Shanmugam 19-01-2019

Shashi Dhara   20 January 2019

U submit it if cheque bounces u file civilcase l suit for civil suit u have to pay court fee .if Ur friend has any immovable property in his name take attachment before judgement it may take some time u can recover money with interest and court costs. Or he may come to compromise.

Shashi Dhara   20 January 2019

All advocates are not money hunters u select who is eligible for u .after taking decree again u have to file vasooli petition at that time u engage as???????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register