LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A. Sharma   17 January 2019

Cooperative housing society not updating share certificates

I have purchased a ground floor flat in Pune as a resale. Since I was staying on rent on another location I moved into the flat only in May last year. We have a semi terrace balcony attached to the living room which is partially covered and partially open. During the flat renovation I found that the people from upper floors used to knowingly/un-knowingly drop items such as spoons, bowls, clothes, clothes hanging clips, etc into the open area of the balcony. The widdth of the open area is about 1.2 meters and the balcony is open from three sides. on the left side of our balcony there is a utilities area from where all the sewer pipes, drains, etc pass. on the right side is open terrace of our neighbor. We also realized that the utility space has constant leakage and water collects in this area and became a breeding ground for mosquitoes, and other insects. We also had constant problem of rodents entring our apartment. The right side open terrace was full of weeds and very untidy. We complained to the society to rectify the situation but there was no action taken. As a result considering our familys safety we decided to make a roof with frame screwed to the top wall of the balcony and to protect from mosquitoes and put up a frame and added sliding net and glass window. Now the society is sending us notice that this is illegal and we should take the roof and the window sliding frame down. They are mentioning bye-laws stating that this is illegal. This balcony is my personal space and I am not encroaching on any bodys space or disturbing anyone. I replied to the society mentioning the reasons for the same ans also added that my 5 year old son has lyssencephaly and we cannot afford to have him fall sick with malaria or other disease. Now the society sends me another legal notice. I have just transferred my bank loan to another bank and procedure is complete. The previous bank had kept the share certificates with them along with all the documents so when I received the share certificates I approached the society for transfer of the shares. Now they are telling me that if I do not take down the structure in my balcony they will not transfer the share certificates to my name. I think this is harrassment by society and I would like to know what action can be taken for this. Please help us on this matter.

Learning

1 Replies

vk   14 May 2019

GO TO THE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY OFFICE IN PUNE AND COMPLAIN. THEY WILL SEND A LETTER OR PERSON TO CHECK THE REASON FOR THE NON TRANSFER OF SHARES..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register