Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     17 January 2019

Party address not known - how to send notice?

Respected Members,

My father, influenced by my older sister, has filed a maintenance case against me. To this, my lawyer has filed an I.A. requesting to implead my older sister as well to this case as she too has sufficient means to support our father.

The Family Court judge has asked my lawyer to send her a notice so that she may appear before the court and be made party to this case.

My older sister has moved to a newly constructed house and I do not have complete postal address of her new house. I also do not have her email address and do not have her work address either. Since she is a government employee, her work location keeps changing almost every week.

However, I do have her husband's business address. Can the notice be sent to her husband's location / store, addressed to him so that he may hand it to her? Or, to the police station of her jurisdiction along with her name and phone number? Will the police then contact her, take her details and deliver the notice to her? I am at lack of direction. Or, may we take the path of newspaper? If any of above three are a possibility, please share guidelines on the process with respect to the specific options.

It is obvious that my father won't be kind enough to share her postal address.

In absence of residential address, workplace address and email address, how can I send the court notice to her? What other means do I have on this occasion?

Requesting guidance, please.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 January 2019

Issue Legal Notice by publishing News in largest circulated News Paper (if lcoal edition in that) and keep a copy of it.  And also send the notice to your brotherinlaw's business address by RP.

Shashi Dhara   17 January 2019

U take for affixture where she is living or u believe that her residence is their

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     18 January 2019

Thank you. Any other ways - whatsapp?

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     18 January 2019

@Shashi Dhara. Although, I did not completely understand. Kinldy elaborate. I do not have any address relating to her current or old residence.

Aarnav   01 February 2019

SIMPLE:-

Hire a detective !!!

For that detective, the lead starts from her Govt. office, or from her husbands residence. Believe me, hiring a one time detective is less expensive, as compared to paying a hefty maintenance to your father every month.

And unfortunately if your father falls sick or hospitalised, then he can put the burden of lacks worth of expenses on your sholder alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register