Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shabbir Kapasi   13 January 2019

Regarding indemnity bond from sister in case of gift deed.

My father has executed a gift deed in my name and my mothers name jointly, I have a sister who is married. I have applied for the transfer of title and ownership in my housing society. Now, my society is asking for a indemnity bond from my sister as no objection. I want to know if that is required from my sister as the gift deed is executed by my father out of his own free will, love and affection. Moreover, My sister was duely informed about this and she does not have any objection.

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 January 2019

If your sister has no issue giving no objection for the transfer of the property in your favour, than take the indemnity bond as sought by the society, no use disputing the demand of the society rules in this regard and entering into unnecessary litigation.

Shashi Dhara   13 January 2019

It is illegal demand .it is not the duty of society to ask indemnity bond. If Ur sister arises any objection she has to go to court to seek justice. The society has to act as per gift deed.

Shashi Dhara   13 January 2019

It is illegal demand .it is not the duty of society to ask indemnity bond. If Ur sister arises any objection she has to go to court to seek justice. The society has to act as per gift deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register