LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   07 January 2019

House property

My grand mother has house in her name.she was died in 2014.she has six childen 4 male and 2 female.our family is residing with her since birth.my father is farmer,and we are living with her.while remaining family leave in other places.my father also paying house tax in his name since 1996.my grand mother died without writing any will.does other children of her get posession of property? Since my father paying house tax in his name since 22 years,he gets any posession rights than other children of my grand mother?

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 January 2019

Unless and until the property is divided in metes and bounds allocating shares of all eligible legal heirs, the property continues to be joint.  The possession is a trustee for all other legal heirs.  Living with deceased, paying taxes etc., are not material in law.  All the children of Grandmother are entitled for equal share as she died intestate.

Unless and until the property is divided in metes and bounds allocating shares of all eligible legal heirs, the property continues to be joint.  The possession is a trustee for all other legal heirs.  Living with deceased, paying taxes etc., are not material in law.  All the children of Grandmother are entitled for equal share as she died intestate.

Shashi Dhara   07 January 2019

Ur grand mother died in2014 i.e recently .then what was Ur father doing till these years he would have insisted her to execute will orgift deed in favour him. Paying tax on behalf of her doesn't give exclusive title to him.now the situation is critical.greedy relatives don't come to compromise. U sit all together with family wishers and compromise.

Anand   07 January 2019

My father paid in his name since 22 years.no one of children of my grand mothr objected it

Anand   07 January 2019

I am here to reply my question whether my father paid house tax since 20 yeats in his name,whether he has any posession,since 20 years in his name

Your father should have demanded and collected such tax from others, though they are not residing.   Please read the entire reply, your father is enjoying possession for himself and for all other co-sharers, his claim for exclusive possession is not legally valid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register