LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas   06 January 2019

Divorce after forced marriage

I am 30 years old. My parents and my brother kept tourturing me for two years, just to froce me for getting married to the girl they wanted, but I wanted to marry with my gf, even I broke a forced engagement, they never liked my gf. We wanted to work and settle our life togather we had plans. But some how they got successful in forcing me to marry a village girl, who is uneducated. Actully parents always wanted to marry me a village girl, they used to hate modern girl. I hate my brother he never supported me even he is just two years elder. They hated my gf because of her height and color complexion and wnated a white girl. But this village girl is also wih same complexion. I got married in june 2018, I have nver talked to my wife as we should. She is like dumb and knows nothing. I am trapped in all this for the sake of family happiness and lot of social and emotional pressure, even they forced me financially as I was setting up my business. Now it looks like I have been trapped and everyone is selfish in this world. Everyone saying to comprising and live happily but I can die but not live with her. Even I have told girls parents that this marriage wont be successful. But everyone forcing and waiting to things get perfect. My parents have told me to live with my gf alone and get out of their home. They will only talk if I compromise with my wife. My gf and my life looks like at risk. This girl have denied for divorce which is expected from village girls. She wants to spoil my life. I am like dead. Looks like no option. In this case can girl file dwory case. And who will be affacted in my family. Please help me

Learning

3 Replies

Martin S.   06 January 2019

Too lengthy story.  Explain in simple words what is your problem.

Rihan   07 January 2019

Dear Vikas,

If you dont like village girl, why you married her. You should have reject before marriage. You can not get divorce now.  If she files 498, DV and MC, you will be in jail. On top, your parents are supporting her, thats the biggest advantage for her. If your parents say against you in court, you will be behind bars.

You have three  options.

1. Accept your wife, lead happy life

2. Convince your wife and take divorce on mutual agreement. which is impossible for you

3. Fight in court, ready  to go jail.

Shashi Dhara   07 January 2019

Abscond from village and become sanyasi it is the best choice. U have ruined both girls life

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register