LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 May 2010

Withdrawl of mercy petition

Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru has moved the Supreme Court saying he is ready to be hanged as solitary confinement was “worse than death”, but the country’s law minister said clemency petitions involved a process that couldn’t be “short-circuited”.

My question is - Is there any bar in withdrawing his petition by Afzal? or Can a mercy petition be withdrawn by the convict ?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Dr. Tripathi,

Please accept my congratulations for not addressing our paid representative by "Hon'ble" and your this act will contribute a great amount to recover the respect of common citizens.

The conduct of our paid representative, who himself opted for a paid representative under a sterio-type election system, is shown in the contents of your above posting.

I appreciate your such kind of contribution.. please ever keep it up.......

BEST REGARDS !!!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 May 2010

There is no restriction to withdraw the mercy petition. as mr guru express his displeasure for not hanging, he should withdraw the mercy petition.

actually it is contradiction in his character. one time he is telling that he wants to be hanged at earliest, on the other hand he submitted his mercy petition. if he not submitted his petition or now withdraw his petition, his desire would be fulfilled.

after attacking over the perliament there is a very few people - who may cry on his death. congress make it a political strategy - not to hang him, and bjp has no capacity to make it a successfull issue.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 May 2010

please read 'on his hanging' instead of 'death'.

(Guest)

Who is involved in killing the innocent he deserve no amount of mercy

It is very much shameful that who are playing with the respect of our nation we address it as OUR BHARAT MATA and so called politicians are bargaining with its respect.  They should be hanged first who are involved in such dirty politics behind these killers.  

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 May 2010

Even after the verdict of death, there is so much hue and cry to hang or not to hang: But what Afzal did by withdrawing his mercy petition is because of the fact that funeral pyre burns the death but the Death Row burns the Living.Why not respect his wishes?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 May 2010

ADV Assumi afzal not withdrawn his mercy petition.so far.

(Guest)

My one question to them who are justifying the move and acceptance of mercy petition of these enemies of our nation, that;

We shoot the military man of enemy country at site who creates even a little threat to our border.. How we are exteding any such opportunity of filing petitions etc. who are entered inside and killing innocents (They are not our military man at border) ?

Because they can be used to have votes of their supporters ?

Identify that who are "they" trying to get votes of these enemies of our nation ?  Are they also not enemies ? And more dangerous than these killers since being in power politics and ruling on us ?

WHY SO CALLED EDUCATED CLASS PEOPLE NOT COMING OUT ? 

IF TODAY THE HOME OF YOUR NEIBOUR IS FIRED YOUR WILL BE NEXT... DONT SLEEP IN DEEP WITH FALSE DREAM...    

I SAID IT.  DONT LISTEN ME... YOU WILL GET IT DONE.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 May 2010

mr ram samudre ji,

i am feeling heat and temperature at the above answer.

what about naxals ? they just killed  more than 150 innocent persons,  while they were sleeping.i like to read your valuable comments.

(Guest)

Dear Arupji, 

I spent too much time on LCI and now other very important assignments are waiting to be attended so I had decided to leave the LCI for few days.  But since you raised a question addressing to me which cannot be left unanswered so I am replying... also it is a very serious question to be addressed on top priority. 

I already said it that: THE KILLERS OF INNOCENT HAVE DESERVE NO AMOUNT OF MERCY.  If I would not be bonded with the constitution of our nation I would like to give them more painful death to these killers of innocent. 

I also like to say that if decease not cured at initial stage that becomes fatel.  The problem of nuxalite is become at this stage since the equal opportunity is not provided to the poor villagers and other needy sections of the society and the justice is far away from reach of poor citizens. BUT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IN ANY SITUATION AND IN ANY CONDITION VIOLANCE SHOULD NOT BE A WEAPON FOR TAKING ANY ISSUE UP.  ALL THE MATTERS SHOULD BE SORTED OUT BY THE WAYS PROVIDED UNDER CONSTITUTION.  HERE, THE QUESTION AGAIN COMES IN EXISTANCE THAT WHETHER SUCH CHANNELS ARE OPEN ???  This problem is purely inside problem. 

The terrorism is totally different.  It is not a secret that the terrorism is Pakistan based.  They cant fight with our India by openly declaring the war so.  They are not our family members.  But the nuxalites should ever remember that to whom they are killing ?? Killing our own innocent Indian Brother WHY ???????????  They should deal with the administrators and politicians who are having the rule in their hands and they can only sort out their grievances.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register