LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akhil gupta   26 December 2018

What is ancestral property in India?

if i inherit a property from my father , will it become ancestral property to me ?

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   26 December 2018

If Ur father earns it is his self acquired property if. Ur grandfather earns self acquired and if he dies intestate then it will become ancestral property.&Ur great grand father's property is inherited by Ur father it is also ancestral property to u.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 December 2018

Property that is four generation old……………property acquired by the Hindu great grand father, which then passes undivided down the next three generations up to the present generation of great grand son/daughter ( All Hindu’s).

Self acquired property can become ancestral property if it is thrown into the pool of ancestral properties and enjoyed in common.

Amongst Hindu’s child by biorth acquires right in parental property. The parent e.g; Father can deny share to his children/wife/parents in his self acquired property and dispose IT in his life time by a valid/registered deed.

If father has not disposed his self acquired property is his life time then after his death 1st right is of his ClassI legal heirs.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 December 2018

Rest check, and recheck locally with a very able LOCAL counsel as already suggested. The counsels at your location do not charge Huge FEE and the FEE is highly reasonable. Then jurisdictional High Court is nearby. You can find proficient counsels.

All contentious matters posted in many threads can be addressed by your own LOCAL counsel in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register