LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit Bishnoi   24 December 2018

Regularization of Contract employees

400 numbers of je's were recruited in Haryana Irrigation Department in August 2017, including me, on contact basis for a period of one year or recruitment of regular je's. After one year extension granted and we are still working in Department.
I will mention we were recruited against sanctioned posts. And a transparent method of recruitment was adopted. Recruitment steps are
1) advertisement in newspapers and Department website for online form feeling for 400 posts of je's on contract at dc rate or half of intitial pay scale, whichever is higher
2) filling of online forms
3) Candidates shortlisted on academics merit (there was neither written nor interview, only pure merit of 10th, 12th, diploma, degree master degree etc.) and for document verification, keeping reservation policies in mind and proper reservation was there
4) After document verification, joining letter issued

out of these 400 je as of about 290 je's are currently working here. All others either not joined or resigned.

And From Nov. we are getting equal pay for equal work.

Now, only difference between us and a regular employee is that we were recruited directly by Irrigation department instead of haryana staff selection commission.

I want to know Is there any guidelines of supreme court to recruit contract employee?
Is there any definition of contract employee stated by court?

Can we claim regularization of our services?

Is our regularization violates supreme court decision of uma devi case?

All required documents like news paper advertisement, detailed advertisement, selection criteria, merit list, joining letter etc. are available.

plzz suggest!!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register