Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

A VIEW ON FOLLOW UP OR OUR "RIGHT" TO INFORMATION

MOST URGENT & IMMEDIATE – BY FAX

R E M I N D E R

Date: 25.05.2010

To:     Shri G. K. Wagh,

Dy.Secy. & Appellate Authority

Social Justice and Special Assistance Department,

Mantralaya, Mumbai – 400 032.

Sub: Appeal dt.09.04.2010 submitted under Section 19 (1)

of RTI Act 2005.

Ref: (i) Letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.122/Astha

dated 28/04/2010 sent by Mrs. U.P. Vaidya, Desk Officer 

received on 14.05.2010.

(ii) My letter dated 17.05.2010.

_________

It is hereby to remind you toward my appeal dated 09.04.2010 that as per constitutional provision in RTI Act 2005 the Appellate Authority should decide the appeal within a period of 30 days.  However, it is a period of more than one month and fifteen days lapsed but no reply is received from your side.

You have also wasted a period of about one month by keeping the matter pending with you under pretext for holding a hearing in which you were calling me from Warora, Chandrapur.  You had fixed the so called hearing on 07.05.2010 whereas your Desk Office Mrs. U.P. Vaidya has sent the said intimation letter by ordinary post which was received here on 14.05.2010.  In this context please refer my letter dated 17.05.2010 which was sent to you by FAX on 06.05.2010 and it was brought into your knowledge that the first appellate authority is not supposed to have any such hearing since the PIO is just subordinate to him in the same office and the first appellate authority can re-examine the action taken by his subordinate in the light of provisions laid down in RTI Act 2005.  The details are already submitted in the appeal.  

Looking the attitude of yourself and of your subordinate desk officer it can be presumed that you are delaying the matter intentionally.  The negative attitude of your subordinate desk office who have been assigned the duties as a Public Information Officer in this matter, is already detailed by me in the said appeal.  The delay in decision by you bringing your action & attitude under suspect toward public service which is a misconduct under State Service Conduct rules and Discipline & Appeal Rules besides the constitution provision for disciplinary action laid down in RTI Act 2005.

Please, therefore, send your reply in my appeal dated 09.04.2010 immediately at you have already crossed the limit of stipulated period given to you failing which the necessary action will be initiated against you.

(Nilesh Wankhede)

Copy for information to :

Shri J. P. Dande, Chief Secretary of Maharashtra State,

Mantralaya, Mumbai-32.

Learning

25 Replies

(Guest)

Sorry for inconvenience..

A hand-written correction was made using the whitener in second para which may please be read as;

"which was sent to you by FAX on 17.05.2010"

(Guest)

APPLICATION FOR INFORMATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005

Date: 02.03.2010

District President,

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Democratic Rights Forum,

“Ambedkar Sewa Sadan”, Tilak Ward, Post-WARORA,

Distt. Chandrapur (Maharashtra)PIN-442907.

To:      Public Information Officer

Social Justice and

Special Assistance Department,

I, Nilesh Wankhede, as a citizen of India, required some information under RTI Act 2005, which is being kept & controlled by your office.  Please note that the requisite information is needed to calculate & recovery of public money which is unduly paid to public servants of your department as salary even though for the period when they were not present on work.  The copies of recoveries statements which are under preparation to issue notice to Chief Secretary of State for filling a Public Interest Litigation for recovery of mishandled public money by public servants of Mantralaya secretariat, are enclosed herewith (ANNEXURE-I & ANNEXURE-II at pages- 1 to 130 and 131 to 248) for your ready reference so that you can understand importance of requisite information as the same has to be submitted as documentary evidence.  Please do not mishandle or misguide into the matter as you have done in every previous application and give the proper, clear & complete information as detailed below in 9 items.  It is a very sensitive matter of public interest and so in case any more mishandling into it, the matter will be taken up before public through Media so please take note of it.

A copy of your letter No._____________________________ dated 13 November, 2009 is enclosed (ANNEXURE-III at page-249) herewith for your ready reference.  The said letter was sent by you as reply in response to my application dated 16.10.2009 (ANNEXURE-IV at pages-250 to 256). The requirement of information was left unfulfilled by you on every important item for which you had only given your repeated tongue statement that “…KARWAI CHALU AAHE…” etc. but no required documents were given by you at that time.  Now, after a period of 4 months we hope that the undergoing action will be completed and the documents related with such action will be ready at yours.  Therefore, please give me the following information;     

(1) It was stated by you that “…………………….......................... ……………………………………………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………..” Under this pretext you had denied to provide the data of records of attendance of public servants who are working in your department.  We hope that at least now you will be prepared to provide the requisite data records of Attendance Management System of the public servants working in your department.  Therefore please give me;

(i)         the data of attendance for the entire period since when the Attendance Management System is provided, up to date in the form of Diskette.

(ii)        please also give me the certified copies of all file notings / correspondence documents whichever have been made for recovery of overpaid public money to the public servants who reported to office late during last five from the year 2005 up to now, as stated by you in your letter dated 13 November 2009.  Please also give me certified copies of rulings based on which the recoveries and disciplinary action is being done.  I also want to observe personally all documents/ files in this connection.  I will submit my requirements of copies of any more documents after the observation.

[In this regard please note that the amount of public money paid to such defaulter public servants who come to the office late after stipulated time 09:55 hrs., 09:30 hrs. in case of Peon etc., for which the amount equal to their half day emoluments have to be recovered following with disciplinary action.  Similar action should be done for their late arrival during grace time between 09:45 hrs. and 09:55 hrs. for every 3 occasions.]    

(2) In your said letter dated 13 November 2009, it was stated by you that “……………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………..”   No document was given by you at that time. Now, please give me;

(i)          the attested copies of all file notings/ correspondence letters whichever have been made in this regard.

(ii)        Please also give me certified copies of rulings based on which the recoveries and disciplinary action is being done.

(iii)       I also want to observe personally the files/documents related with this action and I will submit requirements of copies after observation.

[In this regard please note that the amount of public money paid to such defaulter public servants who left the office before stipulated time 17:30 hrs., 18:15 hrs. in case of Peon etc., for which the amount of public money equal to their half day emoluments have to be recovered following with disciplinary action.]

(3) In your said letter dated 13 November 2009, it was stated by you that ……………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………….... ………………………………………..  No document was given by you at that time. Now, please give me;

(i)           The attested copies of all file notings/ correspondence letters whichever have been made while initiation of disciplinary action as stated by you.  I also want to observe personally the files/documents related with this action and I will submit requirements of copies after observation.

(ii)          Please also give me attested copies of all the letters by which the public servants were nominated / called / permitted to come office on holidays during the period from January 2005, up to date.

[For your ready reference, a copy of your letter dated 29 July 2009 is enclosed herewith (ANNEXURE-V at page-257) wherein you have stated that “…………………………… …………………………….…………………………………………………………… ……………………………” which you have sent in reply to an application dated 16 July 2009 (ANNEXURE-VI at page-258) which is reiterated that; “Please give me an attested copy of authentic document such as any GR/Order/Ordinance etc. by which the Head of Department of your office is become empowered to pass oral orders to call the public servants of your department in office on holidays and to call woman employees before office working time i.e. 09:45 AM and/or to detain woman employees after office working time i.e. 05:30 PM.”  Therefore, it is clear that all such orders are illegal and compensatory off given to public servants who come office on holidays and hence loss public money has to be recovered and necessary legal action has to be initiated for misuse of powers of Government post. 

It is to be clear that public servants are not allowed to enter into Government premises beyond stipulated working time in normal course.  In this regard, Government have already issued instruction vide Circular No.OFT-1055 dated 13th August 1955 (copy enclosed as ANNEXURE-VII at page-259).  It has been instructed by this circular that the ladies should not be allowed to attend the office before and after working time of office.  Circular No. OFT-1072-23316-B dated17th July 1973 (copy enclosed as ANNEXURE-VIII at page-260) By this circular the instructions issued under Circular No.OFT-1965-B dt. 30th October, 1965 have been reviewed and it is instructed that;

(i)           “Woman clerical staff without any exception should not be detained in office after the prescribed office hours or the permissible hour of late sitting and that calling upon woman employees by male officers at late hours in the night should be totally prohibited.  Government has already issued instructions in this behalf in Government Circulars, General Administration Department No. OFT-1055 dated the 13th August, 1955 and No. OFT-1065-B, dated the 30th October, 1965.  Government desires that the instructions regarding late hour working by woman employees in Government offices issued therein should be scrupulously observed by all concerned.”

(ii)         Government has also decided that in view of the fact that Saturdays (except second and fourth Saturdays in each month) are now working days, woman employees staying at distant places from their place of work should not be given late-turns on any day.  All Departments of the Secretariat and the Heads of Department and Offices under them are requested to see that the above instructions are observed.

(Instruction laid down here with that in case of any violence of these instructions Heads of the Departments will be held responsible.  But it is seen that HODs themselves pass illegal orders by misusing the status of their post.  Hence it is needed that public/citizens should initiate legal action to penalize the defaulter public servants who misuses the Government office premises.  The requisite information is needed so far.)

I like to reiterate your illogical statement wherein you have said that “………………………………………..………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………………”.  You public servants are pretending yourselves as Superior to Government and superior to public.  So what was the need for Government to issue such instructions?  While going through the said circulars it is very easy to understand that the Mantralaya offices are misused by public servants for exploitation of woman employees or for mutual unwanted s*xual activities like a safe & free place under pretext of “TAATDICHE KAMASATHI”.  It is proved by viewing the trend of late arrivals as to whether they are work oriented or they use office for time pass and earning without work? Please have a view on the records of Attendance Management System. How many hours they remains present on holidays and taking granted compensatory off on a full working day and full emoluments in lieu of NO WORK?  It’s all consequences due to late arrival and ignorant attitude toward public work and work remains ever pending. During working time public servants passes time by playing cards on official computers and they remains in late evening and detains to their female subordinates under pretext of “TAATDICHE KAMASATHI” as such on holidays too.  Hence it is very necessary to restrict their presence in office premise beyond stipulated working time.]

(4) In your said letter dated 13 November 2009, it was stated by you that ……………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….... ………………………………………..  Please note that the copies of documents were requested by SPEED POST and not by personal visit from Warora to Mumbai as it will be much expensive and unnecessary exercise.  Now, please give me attested copies of all file notings/ correspondence letters whichever have been made in this regard.

(5) In your said letter dated 13 November 2009, it was stated by you that ……………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….... ………………………………………..  No document was given by you at that time. Now, please give me attested copies of all file notings/ correspondence letters whichever have been made in this regard.

(6) In your said letter dated 13 November 2009, it was stated by you that ……………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….... ……..  No document was given by you at that time. Now, please give me attested copies of all file notings/ correspondence letters whichever have been made in this regard.

(7) Please give me attested copies of authentic documents/ record from which monthly gross pay paid to public servants of your department can be seen.  Please give the information for the period of last 5 years from January 2005 up to now. 

(8) It is a big misconduct of responsible public servants working on responsible posts in Establishment and Accounts Branches of your office as how the payments have been passed without examination of attendance particulars and without making recoveries of ill presence and timely action not done.  Therefore, please give me certified copies of all posting orders of all the public servants whosoever posted in Establishment and Accounts Branches as Desk Officer/ Under Secretary/ Deputy Secretary during the period from January 2005 up to now, so that the same can be submitted for necessary disciplinary as well as legal action for ignorance of duties and mishandling of public money.   

(9) Please give me;

(i)           attested copies (Print-outs) of daily attendance record of 31 March 2005, 31 March 2006, 31 March 2007, 31 March 2008 and 31 March 2009.  It is noticed that some public servants of your department were remained up to late nights under pretext of “CLOSING DAY OF THE YEAR” and some woman employees were also detained forcefully under this pretext. 

(ii)          please also give me attested copies of periodical working report of public servants who ever remains in office after stipulated working time i.e. 05:30 PM and detains their female subordinates.  It is required to review on their working record as to why they do not keep the work updated and how they completes the closing work on a last date.

The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- is affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005.  I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision.  I will personally collect the information for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 93 2434 5454 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information is ready so that I will come to pay the charges and collect the information.

Signature of Applicant

Place: Warora, Chandrapur.

Date: 02.03.2010

(Nilesh Wankhede)

(Guest)

APPEAL UNDER SECTION 19 (1) OF RTI ACT 2005

Date: 09.04.2010

Nilesh Wankhede

District President,

“Ambedkar Sewa Sadan”,

Tilak Ward, Post-WARORA,

Distt. Chandrapur (Maharashtra)

PIN-442907.                                           

To,

Appellate Authority

Particulars of the Public Information Officer

:

Mrs. Ujjwala P. Vaidya

Date of receipt of the order appealed against

:

Last date of filing the appeal

:

The grounds for appeal

:

1.            I, Nilesh Wankhede, a citizen of India, have submitted an Application dated 02.03.2010 under RTI Act 2005 for some information of public interest.  A copy of the same is placed herewith as ANNEXURE-I at pages 1 to 6 along with its enclosures placed as ANNEXURE-II at pages 7 to 20.   

2.             In response to my Application dated 02.03.2010, I have received a reply on 07.04.2010 from Mrs. Ujjwala P. Vaidya, Public Information Officer & Desk Officer sent vide letter No. Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.122/Astha dated 1 April 2010.  A copy of the same is placed herewith as ANNEXURE-III at page-21. 

3.             It can be seen that Mrs. Vaidya, PIO has denied to provide the requisite information under pretext of an unjustified reason as stated by her that ___________________ ________________________________________________________ ________________________ _________________ _______________ ____________________________.

4.                It is to note that Mrs. Vaidya, PIO has taken/wasted entire period of 30 days for preparing the reply of only two sentences.  It is nothing but only her ignorant & negative attitude toward her duties.  It can be seen while observing her response toward my application dated 16.10.2009 enclosed as ANNEXURE-IV at page-     .  Having Experience of her such attitude I have reminded her toward my application dated 02.03.2010 on 20.03.2010.  However, ignoring the importance & urgency of the matter she has wasted the time. A copy of reminder dt. 20.03.2010 is placed as ANNEXURE-V at page-      for ready reference.

5.             While denying providing the requisite Ms. Ghatge, PIO did not mention any of the section of RTI Act 2005.  Being a public servant assigned the job as a Public Information Officer it was expected from her that she will go through the provisional duty as mentioned in RTI Act 2005 as to what the action to be done by a PIO.  It is clearly mentioned in section 7 of RTI Act 2005 that the Public Information officer on receipt of a request under section 6 shall, as expeditiously as possible, either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of the reasons specified in section 8 and 9.  However, no such justified reason is given by Mrs. Vaidya, PIO. 

6.              Moreover to denying the information for baseless & unjustified reason, the PIO did not mention the name & address of the Appellate Authority to whom the Applicant can make an Appeal and by this act the PIO has broken the democratic rights of the Applicant.  It is clearly mentioned in sub-section (8) of section 7 that the Public Information Officer shall communicate to the person making the request;

i.             The reasons for such rejection

ii.            The period within which an appeal against such rejection may be preferred and

iii.           The particulars of the appellate authority.

7.                PIO has also harassed by way of calling the Applicant to come personally from Warora, Chandrapur to prepare and collect the information at his own.  It is a cruel joke on democracy by the public servants while acting like the dictator on citizens who gives them bread.

8.                It is provided under sub-section (6) of section 7 of RTI Act 2005 that notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (5) of RTI Act 2005, the person making request for the information free of charge where a public authority fails to comply with the time limit specified in sub-section (1).  Consequently it is pertinent to refer;

(a)   the sub-section (5) which says that whereas access to information is to be provided in the printed or in any electronic format, the applicant shall, subject to the Provisions in sub-section (6), pay fees as may be prescribed

(b)  sub-section (1) says that subject to the proviso to sub-section (2) of section 5 or the proviso to sub-section (3) of section 6, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Office, as the case

(c)   may be on receipt of a request under section 6 shall, as expeditiously as possible, and in any case within thirty days of the receipt of the request, either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of the reasons specified in section 8 and 9.

9.               A copy of a complaint submitted by me in the matter of Planning Department, Mantralaya, Secretariat of Mantralaya of Maharashtra, Mumbai is enclosed herewith as ANNEXURE-VI at pages       to         for ready reference for details of ground to seek information under right to information of citizens of a democratic nation, to make it easy to reach to an appropriate decision.  

Particulars of information

:

(i)  Nature and subject matter of the information required

:

Information in the form of Diskettes and zerox copies regarding recoveries of misused public money unduly paid to public servants, misuse of office premises for personal affairs and dishonor of disciplinary and conduct rules by public servants of secretariat of Maharashtra.  

(ii) Name of the Officer or Department to which the information relates

:

Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Secretariat of Mantralaya of Maharashtra, Mumbai.

ORDER SOUGHT BY THIS APPEAL

In view of the facts as brought out above, I demand that the requisite information sought by me vide my application dated 02.03.2010 should be given to me as early as possible at free of cost as per provision of (6) of section 7 of RTI Act 2005.

The court fees stamp valued Rs. 20/- affixed toward fees for appeal under RTI Act 2005.  Please note that I cannot come personally now so the information should be given to me by SPEED POST to avoid delay in communication.  It is also to note that I have submitted all the grounds needed at this stage and the same may be taken into account while deciding this appeal since I cannot attend and such personal hearing and also the First Appellate Authority is not empowered to have any kind of hearing in which the presence of Appellant is mandatory.

DA: Annexures I to VI (Pages       )

Signature of Appellant

(Guest)

MOST URGENT & IMMEDIATE – BY FAX

Date: 17.05.2010

To:      Shri G. K. Wagh,

Sub: Appeal dt.09.04.2010 submitted under Section 19 (1)

of RTI Act 2005.

Ref: Letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.122/Astha

received on 14.05.2010.

_________

I am in receipt of above referred letter, which is received on 14.05.2010, wherein it has been informed by you that you are going to conduct hearing on 07.05.2010 at 03:30 PM in regard to my above referred appeal and I have been advised by your Desk officer to be present before you.

As stated above, the intimation letter dt.28.04.2010 sent by your Desk Officer has been received on 14.05.2010 after the date fixed by you for hearing.

Though it is expected that you will be aware of the constitutional provisions since being posted on a very sensitive post of a Deputy Secretary in Secretariat of State, it is hereby to bring into your kind knowledge that no public servant, whosoever is a Peon or a Chief Secretary of the State, is authorized or empowered to have any such hearing in which he may call any citizen to be present before him.  It is, in case, any citizen want to any public servant to have a personal hearing of his case, the public servant is bonded to take action as per requirement of the citizen or the public servant can be penalised.  It is a democratic state.

It can also be presumed that neither you have gone through constitutional provision of RTI act for examination of your authority nor you have gone through my appeal.  I have already mentioned in concluding para of my appeal that not to waste time for any such so called hearing since the first appellate authority is not supposed so for.

Right now, it is presumed that you like to have the hearing in good faith.  However, it is to state that I have mentioned all the details in the appeal which has been submitted by me.  Therefore, you may proceed your action based on the fact of the matter in the light of constitutional provision.  I do not feel any need for my personal presence at this stage.

With wishes,

Yours’

(Nilesh Wankhede)

(Guest)

Shri G. K. Wagh, Deputy Secretary, Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Secretariat of Maharashtra, has again sent a letter to me fixing another date for hearing on 25.06.2010 and I have sent him the following reply;

Date: 23.06.2010

To:     Shri G. K. Wagh,

Sub: My Appeal dt.09.04.2010 submitted under Section 19 (1)

of RTI Act 2005.

Ref: (i) Letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.122/Astha

received on 14.05.2010 and dated 11.06.2010.

(ii) My letter dated 17.05.2010 and reminder dt.25.05.2010.

(iv) Your letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.122/Astha-1

Dated 11.06.2010.

________

Please stop passing time under one pretext or the other and denying the information sought by me vide my application dated 02.03.2010.

A copy of my letter dated 17.05.2010 is enclosed.  Please open your eye and read the same and proceed further.

You are aware that I am residing at Warora, Chandrapur and it is very difficult to come Mumbai for such unnecessary so called hearings whereas I have already submitted details in the appeal.

If you like to discuss the matter personally I am hereby nominating & authorizing Shri Ram Samudre to represent the matter on my behalf and you may also handover the requisite information to him.  Shri Ram samudre residing at Mumbai on the above address and available on his mobile phone number 9322246333, if you need so.

Yours’ sincerely,

(Nilesh Wankhede)

Copy to: Secretary, Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Secretariat of Maharashtra, Mantralaya, Mumbai-400032. 

(Guest)

Public servants in Secretariat of Maharashtra use the trick that they comes office on holidays for 1-2 hours under pretext of some urgent work and takes compensatory off on any full working day.  We sought details vide our applications dated 16.10.2009 and 02.03.2010 but they replied that that information is so huge and due to staff shortage they are unable to provide the same and so we have send another following application for information of holiday presence for 2009 up to now.

In Holidays the Secretariat offices in Mantralaya of Maharashtra becomes like free Hotels where the Officers calls their favorite female stenographers by sending staff cars and their A/C chambers are being misused.  nother side the people are exploited by increase in price of petrol etc. and loadshading of electricity and no electricity is available foe irrigation to the forms and formers committed suicide and people are struggling for bread.

All other attempt of us are completed and in the month of August we are going to issue notice to Chief Secretary and after one month will go to HC and further SC.  Will send all details to all MPs and demonstration in public meeting till than the public money is recovered with appropriate disciplinary action to fix responsibilities on defaulter public servants. 

Remember that 15000 formers have committed suicide in Vidarbha, Maharashtra due to mischief by public service.

APPLICATION FOR INFORMATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005

Date: 06.06.2010

District President,

To:      Public Information Officer

Social Justice and

Special Assistance Department,

I, Nilesh Wankhede, as a citizen of India, required some information under RTI Act 2005, which is being kept & controlled by your office.  Please give the following information;

Please give me PRINT-OUTs of Daily Attendance Records of Attendance Managements System (Card punching records) of your office for ALL THE HOLIDAYS INCLUDING SUNDAYS AND SATURDAYS for the period from January 2009 up to now.  Please also provide me the computerized copy of the same on Diskette (CD).

The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- is affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005.  I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision.  I will personally collect the information or by any of my representative for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 93 2434 5454 / 9322246333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information is ready.

Place: Warora, Chandrapur.

Date: 06.06.2010                                     Signature of Applicant

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     29 June 2010

Yes Good work is being done by U people. What is happening should not have happened? Servants have become rulers and rulers are being treated as servants. Such type of action will surely bring them under control. Go ahead with the Information. After all they bound by the rule and regulations.

(Guest)

Date: 01.07.2010

District President,

To:     Mrs. Ujjwalla P. Vaidya

Desk Officer and Public Information Officer

Secretariat of Maharashtra,

Sub: My application dated 06.06.2010 under RTI Act 2005.

Ref: Your Letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.188/Astha dated 18.06.2010.

Your letter, under reference, in response to my application dated 06.06.2010 submitted for some information under RTI Act 2005 has been received on 26.06.2010 by registered post, wherein you have advised me to deposit the amount of Rs. 856/- toward charges @ Rs2/-per zerox copy for 428 pages and Rs.2675/- toward expenses for sending the same by speed post.

I humbly request you to please read my application dated 06.06.2010 atleast once properly.  The concerned para is reiterated below for your ready reference;

Please give me PRINT-OUTs of Daily Attendance Records of Attendance Managements System (Card punching records) of your office for ALL THE HOLIDAYS INCLUDING SUNDAYS AND SATURDAYS for the period from January 2009 up to now.  Please also provide me the computerized copy of the same on Diskette (CD).

“The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- is affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005.  I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision.  I will personally collect the information or by any of my representative for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 93 2434 5454 / 9322246333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information is ready.”

It is pertinent to mention here also that you have advised me to deposit the amount by cash in the account branch of your office and you did not provided/extended the opportunity of sending the amount by post to be paid by Demand Draft or by Banker’s Cheque as per provisions in section 4 of Maharashtra Right To Information Rules 2005 made by the Government of Maharashtra and by this way you have intentionally harassing to me to come from Warora, Chandrapur to Mumbai for unnecessarily for unjustified reason.

However, as you did ignorance and mishandling in my application dated 16.10.2009, 02.03.2010 and 03.04.2010, it is come out clearly that either you are doing the misconduct of ignorance of duties and mishandling the matter intentionally or you are unable to read & compliance of the same.  If the reason is secondly said than it is very unfortunate for not only the state of Maharashtra but also for the nation that the incapable person like you are appointed in public service and also promoted to such sensitive posts at higher level.

As stated by me in my said application dated 06.06.2010, I am hereby nominating to Shri Ram Samudre to deposit the charges and to receive the information on my behalf.  Please do the needful.

Yours’ sincerely,

(Nilesh w*nkhede)

Copy to:

Shri G. K. Wagh

Deputy Secretary and First Appellate Authority

Secretariat of Maharashtra, Mantralaya, Mumbai – 400 032.

Secretary

(Guest)

Corrected copy of above letter.  Sorry for inconvenience.

Date: 01.07.2010

District President,

To:     Mrs. Ujjwalla P. Vaidya

Desk Officer and Public Information Officer

Secretariat of Maharashtra,

Sub: My application dated 06.06.2010 under RTI Act 2005.

Ref: Your Letter No.Asthapana-2010/Pr.Kr.188/Astha dated 18.06.2010.

Your letter, under reference, in response to my application dated 06.06.2010 submitted for some information under RTI Act 2005 has been received on 26.06.2010 by registered post, wherein you have advised me to deposit the amount of Rs. 856/- toward charges @ Rs2/-per zerox copy for 428 pages and Rs.2675/- toward expenses for sending the same by speed post.

I humbly request you to please read my application dated 06.06.2010 atleast once properly.  The concerned para is reiterated below for your ready reference;

“The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- is affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005.  I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision.  I will personally collect the information or by any of my representative for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 93 2434 5454 / 9322246333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information is ready.”

It is pertinent to mention here also that you have advised me to deposit the amount by cash in the account branch of your office and you did not provided/extended the opportunity of sending the amount by post to be paid by Demand Draft or by Banker’s Cheque as per provisions in section 4 of Maharashtra Right To Information Rules 2005 made by the Government of Maharashtra and by this way you have intentionally harassing to me to come from Warora, Chandrapur to Mumbai for unnecessarily for unjustified reason.

It is also to note that you have done nothing to provide me the computerized copy on Diskette (CD) for which the charges are Rs.50/- only and you are forcing me to pay huge amount. 

You are charging me for Rs.2675/- toward expenses for sending the same by speed post from Mumbai to Chandrapur.  It is a big surprise that within the state such huge amount is charged for speed post.  Will you please let me know that what the weight of 428 papers is?

However, as you did ignorance and mishandling in my application dated 16.10.2009, 02.03.2010 and 03.04.2010, it is come out clearly that either you are doing the misconduct of ignorance of duties and mishandling the matter intentionally or you are unable to read & compliance of the same.  If the reason is secondly said than it is very unfortunate for not only the state of Maharashtra but also for the nation that the incapable person like you are appointed in public service and also promoted to such sensitive posts at higher level.

As stated by me in my said application dated 06.06.2010, I am hereby nominating to Shri Ram Samudre to deposit the charges and to receive the information on my behalf.  Please do the needful.

Yours’ sincerely,

(Nilesh w*nkhede)

Copy to:

Shri G. K. Wagh

Deputy Secretary and First Appellate Authority

Secretary

For information necessary action

(Guest)

As regards, the above posted letter dated 01.07.2010 sent by Mr. Nilesh Wankhede to Mrs. Ujjwala P. Vaidya, Desk Officer & PIO of Social Justice Secretariat of Maharashtra, I visited today there to deposit the amount of charges Rs.856/-.  It is experienced that the above said letter dt.01.07.2010 has been read out by them and in reaction the were just simply accepted Rs.856/-.  However, the PIO has replied me that the copies are not ready yet hence I should come there tomorrow or day after tomorrow.  I met to Mr. G.K. Wagh, Deputy Secretary, Dy.Secy. & First Appellate Authority and he was with a swilling face like "HANUMAAN JI" and he told me that the Secretary, Social Justice, the Home Secretary and Chief Secretary are having meetings to initiate any police action or any legal action since they are of the opinion that it is a misuse of RTI Act which we are doing.  He innocently or smartly told me that all his bosses have told him that "Simply file all the applications and correspondence letters and keep quite" so he is going to do nothing on our applications and appeal further.

Ha.. haa,,!!! We are laughing... While listen a good joke spoken by Mr. G.K. Wagh, Deputy Secretary of Social Justice Secretariat of Maharashtra. 

Telling this Joke the Deputy Secretary was just to crying expression of face.  If these public servants do abeyance to their duties properly toward public service, there will be no such situation they will face.

Our case is just ready for further action.  We are preparing it properly and we are not in hurry.

Friends ! please give your opinions as to what the action to be taken further according to you.    

(Guest)

Please have a view on the following links before making an opinion;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WORK-CARD-2008-OF-SOCIAL-JUSTICE-SECRETARIAT-OF-MAHARASHTRA-19221.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WORKING-IN-2008-IN-SOCIAL-JUSTICE-SECRETARIAT-OF-MAHARASHTRA-19218.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/RTI-Dt-31-05-2010-to-SECRETARIAT-OF-MAHARASHTRA-GAD--19788.asp

Public servants of Secretariat of Social Justice Department of Maharashtra.

There are Electronic Card Punching Machine (Unit) are provided/affixed on walls in ground floor of the Building.  Public servants who punched their card don’t mean that they reached to their seats.  They reaches after 15-30 minutes on their seats.  They only keep their Bags to show that they arrived.  Immediately they goes under pretext for Tea or to toilet and they waste about 30-45 minutes. They physically be seated near about at 11 o'clock. 

The Lunch time is from 01.00 to 01:30.  but they gets up and go out at 12:30 and comes back near 02:30.

At 3:30 they go for Tea and waste about 30-60 minutes.

Working time is up to 05:30 PM but they stop working at 05:00 and start packing bags.

Another side, the Citizens who comes for chasing their matters whichever is pending at Secretariat, they are being kept in "Q" under sun rays where even no seating arrangements done.  Poor People from long distance rural areas of Vidarbha are being badly suffered.  The Citizens are only allowed to enter after 02:00 o'clock.  It is the time to open entry at check post at main gate.  When people reaches inside they found that the public servants are gone for Tea or toilet.  When public servants return at their seats there is only one hour remains for working of office. 

The Citizens of Maharashtra are given a burden of Rs. TWO LACS CRORES.   People have no proper electricity.  No water.  Formers have no water for their Forms and committing suicide....  WHAT TO SAY ?????

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 July 2010

for : Ram Samundre.

1.  Even before making a second appeal with the SIC,  you can make a complaint to the SIC against the PIO and the 1st Appellate authority, for deleriction of duty or say for contempt of RTI Act.

2.  Personally, I feel that blaming or accusing words may not be used against a Govt.Servant, for the time being,  till complete info is in hand.    .OR.  atleast till the issue has been delegated to the SCI.

3.  After the respective periods of RTI application  & RTI appeal, are over,  it is open to the RTI applicant to file a matter before the District Consumer Forum, against the RTI PIO for  "deliberate deficiency & negligence in service".  The right under the Consumer Protection Act, is  by virtue of the RTI fees that is paid, by the applicant and by the RIGHT granted under the RTI Act.

4.  Further, it is best NEVER to deal or speak personally with the PIO or the first appellate authority of the department,  since they always have the jurisdiction to say that RTI applicant has behaved and threatened him, and then further making a complaint with the police dept.  Thereby jinxing the interests of the RTI applicant.  Let all the matter be in black & white (writing).

5.  Further, your application is a general application asking attendance info on ALL employees,  thereby giving them a collective herd strength.  I feel a research should have been done in advance targetting a few selected habitual defaulter employees and following it up persistently even upto the vigilance dept.  These actions on selected employes would haved demoralised the other public servants and they could have fallen in line.   All this needs to be consistently followed-up on an on-going basis. 

The bossess of the selected habitual defaulter employees, would tend to abandon their protective attitude towards these selective employees.  The RTI applicant should then initiate move on the next lot, on the strategy of  "Divide & Rule", taking into account the precedent of the last job.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

(Guest)

Thank you Mr. hemant Agrawal, 

As regards points 1 & 3, these are very helpful guidelines.

We are already taking measures/action policy as laid down by you in points 2, 4 & 5.

For point 5, we are stretegic like this.  you may please review the thread links mentioned in my above posting.. "WORK CARD..."

Thanks.. regards... please continue us guiding.....

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     10 July 2010

I am sure that sri. Hemant Agarwal  has  rightly cautioned about the dos and donts  in situations  of the sort you are in.

I suggest that 

1.Whenever you make an appeal or application or request, make it brief , in other words, make it short and  up to the point.( A great English scholar said superbly"Brevity is the soul of wit").

2.Make it in a humble tone, and not  in an authoritative or commanding tone.(you can within minutes become an enemy of someone, but it may take a long time to become a friend of some one)

3. Do not demand too many things at a time.

4.Patience,perseverence and tolerance are very much essential for achieving anything

If you let me know the following details, I will suggest you as to how to go about it;

1.what information you need exactly.

2.With that information what you intend to establish or proove.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register