LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.S.Kumar   16 December 2018

Appartment related issue

sir, my apartment has no facility like gym, swimming pool, walking yard etc, we are using lift & parking cars alone but collecting Rs2000 pm. for clearing drainage water and security salary and maintenance of lift, cleaning common area etc. my query is ; during non occupancy period (not let out ) say one or two months or even 6 months my property is not let out whether I have to pay full maintenance charges to the association, my request to the association is to collect 50% of the maintenance charges since no drainage clearing , no water usage, no lift to that extend some portion of amount will be minimised & saved. They have not provided any accounts details even in any AGM for the past 3 years. Not audited the association account not filed the accounts to the registrar after AGM guide me what type of remedy I have. My name is also not registered in the society, though I am one of the flat owner. Only 7 members alone has registered as members.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 December 2018

The amenities as per offer has to be provided by builder that offered such facilities.  Whether a resident resides or not the routine work has to be completed.  You can ask the members first orally and later in writing for conducting of AGM and  for books of accounts.  If not, you can complain to sub registrar.  Please avoid quarrels from the beginning as you have to reside in that building with others for more decades.  You can get your doubts clarified through members of the society at other places as your friends or relatives may be having such issues.  Depending on the number of apartments, Rs.2,000/- is not over charged.

D.S.Kumar   17 December 2018

Sir,

Thank you for your response.

My another question is still 3 appartments are not sold for the past 4 years, can the association claim the maintenace charges  from the 3 new flat owners from the date of taken over association from Housing Board (say 4 years), Therefore, my plea is Association can claim the maintenance charges only after entering the house & after making all the paymentst to the society and not from the date of forming the association.  such being the situation, maintenace charge also can be minimised if the flat owner/tenant has not occupied for certain duration say one or two months or even 6 months

Forming or Framing rule is for our convenience and it should be genuine.

Fetching rental amount for 1300 sq ft apartment is hardly Rs.10000/- only, on this,  paying 2000 (20%) from the rental amount is abnormal as per my computation.

kindly advise.

regards

Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register