LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat   01 December 2018

Incorrect Mother's surname on birth certificate

I am Bharat Arora. My wife is Agrawal and she is having all government docs with Agrawal surname only. But on our daughter birth certificate her surname is mentioned as Arora.

Because of this mismatch passport application of our daughter got rejected.

what to do now.

Learning

12 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     01 December 2018

you have to get the name corrected on the birth certificate of your daughter. You have to approach local muncipal office which issued the certificate for correction.

Thanks for reply Sir. Just to confirm it's mother surname which is incorrect on daughter birth certificate.

I contacted municipal office and they said there is no such provision. Its Vapi notified area distt valsad Gujarat office.

I really appreciate your help on this sir.

check the passport website for the correction

OK Sir.. If you can please advice is it feasible or not of birth certificate correction in India. Or its up to that municipal corporation.

procedure differs from state to state. Its better to contact the Vapi office for the procedure.

Sure Sir. Thanks a lot.

sandipvarma (Lawyer)     01 December 2018

Change your wife surname ,not daughter

Is it the only way ?? Actually i dont want to change the wife surname. As it will ultimately changing her all government docs from pan card to passport and she is having LIC policies. I am not aware about consequences of changing her name from Agrawal to Arora as per birth certificate.

please help.. birth certificate correction feasible ??? Are you advising changing wife surname from Agrawal to Arora??

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2018

You might be having copy of forms submitted to hospital where baby was born and forms sent by hospital to Registrar Births and forms submitted by you to Registrar Births.

Relate and find there was any error by hospital, you, Registrar Births and submit for correction of records..to sataisft the passpost office.

Shashi Dhara   01 December 2018

U approach civil court making them as parties.take court orders for correction.the court will order for correction.

Shashi Dhara   01 December 2018

U approach civil court making them as parties.take court orders for correction.the court will order for correction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register