LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

emaresh   27 November 2018

My brother suffered stroke due to employer pressure/blackmail tactics

My Brother's employer did not pay him salary Rs 45000/- for Aug 2018, paid him for Sep 2018, did not pay him for Oct 2018. His salary is paid on 7th of every month. On Nov 10th, 2018 my Brother suffered stroke, may be due to work pressure and stress of no money. He suffered acute CVA, memory loss, and paralysis of right side of body, and is now admitted in Hospital. age 44 years. When we asked his employer for his salary, they say they can pay for Aug 2018, and pending return of their laptop, they will hold his Oct 2018 salary. We are yet to finalise mode of payment as my Brother cannot operate his savings account. They also said to me they have terminated my Brother, which I presume is a few days before his stroke. I presume they used pressure / blackmail tactics on him in last few weeks prior to his stroke. He worked for about 1 year. Worked in Chennai area for Mumbai headquartered Company. I dont have any copies of email communication between my brother and them. Kindly let me know what are legal options that I may pursue. Doctors say it may take 6 months atleast for my Brother's recovery, and 100% recovery is not possible.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register