LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saishanker   18 November 2018

share of pension through lok adalat.

sir my father was a state govt employee he passed away in2015.he had two wives the same is mentioned in legal heir also.both the wives have sons.now first wives son is geting job and first wive agrees to give half pension to second wive.can this case be filed in Lok adalat as a compromising case.and can we get the order from Lok adalat to share the pension to both wives.thank you.

Learning

16 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 November 2018

how did your father marry second women when your mother was alive?

As the first wife had no children she herself made the second marriage in her presence later she had a child but she was not divorced sir we all were living together till my father's death.

did the name of the second wife mention as 2nd nominee in pension papers by your father when he was alive?

No sir in his service register only first wive's name was mentioned.but in legal heir I is mentioned as two wives.

my father passed away while he was in service sir.

instead of going to Lokadalat you mother can transfer half the pension amount to 2nd wive's account.

But second wife wants it from the govt as they are having disputes after father's death.

dispute with only pension or other disputes with regard to assets?

No disputes with assets sir only problem is pension and we have a doubt that will the lok adalat and govt give the share of pension to both wives as the second wife has no objection to it.

visit the Lokadalat office section and inquire

thank you sir.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     18 November 2018

Lok Adalat cannot share family pension as Second marriage in substance of first marriage is not legally valid.

Thank you sir.So there is no way that second wife gets the share of pension through court.even first wife has no objection.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     18 November 2018

If first wife has no problem then she can do transfer herself, why she want third party to do the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register