LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reshma   04 November 2018

Son in law rights on property

I�m going to marry a person whom I love .. my father said that he will marry to that guy when myself, the person I wanted to marry and the guy parents should give a written statement with sign of all of them that we don�t any need any property of my father .. now my question my only signature is enough right.. is that guys signature and there parents required ? Because am giving written statement.. and do they have right to ask property after marriage?

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   04 November 2018

I ask u u are in which century.u or a doll.ur blind with love. After marriage the situation may change.after honeymoon finishes real life struggle starts .no one will rescue u. U first become financially strong. Then think about marriage.

Shashi Dhara   04 November 2018

I ask u u are in which century.u or a doll.ur blind with love. After marriage the situation may change.after honeymoon finishes real life struggle starts .no one will rescue u. U first become financially strong. Then think about marriage.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 November 2018

Which personal law applies in your case e.g; Hindu?

The property was purchased from self earned/acquired funds?

The nature of estate/property as in query is self acquired/ancestral?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 November 2018

Generically speaking; the sons/daughters/spouse have NO forced share in self earned/acquired estate/property fo parents/spouse in the life time of parents.

Son in law, relatives in law also have NO forced share..in in laws’s property.

Apparently the father has some reasons/apprehensions for such approach that you as daughters must be aware or can find out, discuss and resolve. IT might also be for your long term security/interest. Despite agreeing your father can still leave a share from his estate for you, your in laws by a valid/registered deed. IT is entirely your personal decision to agree.

Otherwise; until given up by a valid/registered deed e.g; relinquishment/gift/Hiba deed etc etc the share in parental/ancestral property does not vanish.

Genericaly speaking; your father might be contemplating some MoU, prenuptial agreement etc etc

You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, etc to resolve the matter and/or  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Family/Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, personal laws/succession matters, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you and even help you, if the need be.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL: Family/Civil courts, HC, SC …

You can also try to discuss with counsels available in FREE legal aid cell in LOCAL courts..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register