Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Supreemo   25 October 2018

Help with last working date for gratuity eligibility

Hello All,

I am working with a pvt. bank in Mumbai, Maharashtra. 

I joined on 16 june 2014 and planning to resign soon. What should be my last working date so I am eligible for gratuity? I believe the rule says I need to complete 4 yrs and 240 days. So I think last date can be 11-Feb-2019.  (I added 240 days to 16-June-2018 using excel).

Do you agree with above date calculation, or have any other suggestion? Appreciate your early help, since I need to resign based on this calculation of last date.

Is it advisable to contact HR in advance and confirm with them about Gratuity payoff? My concern is that they may try to relieve me before above date, to save on gratuity, so better to raise it only on last day.

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     25 October 2018

Is it advisable to contact HR in advance and confirm with them about Gratuity payoff?
Every employee should also have completed a minimum of 5 years of uninterrupted service in the company to be eligible for Gratutity benefits.

Meaning you should have worked at least worked for 240 days out of 365 days.

I believe the rule says I need to complete 4 yrs and 240 days. So I think last date can be 11-Feb-2019.  (I added 240 days to 16-June-2018 using excel).

It appears that you have the right calculation, however, to be on the safer side you may get relieved at the end of Feb 2019.

Supreemo   26 October 2018

Thanks for the reply. Another Q. - the 240 days also includes any paid leaves availed during the year, correct? I will need to join another organisation by 18Feb. Hence the latest I can stay in current firm is 15Feb.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register