LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

combattant (IT)     23 October 2018

Can wife demand all the money she had shared

Me and my wife are getting divorced. However, she is demanding every penny of money she had spent (transferred to my account) since marriage. Both of us were working, so as any normal married copule we had decided to spend all the money I earn in household and even her personal expenses and save her salary as savings and emergencies. Now, she is asking all the money back (most of which are already spent on family matters). Can she really demand all her money back? What about her day to day expenses (and other expensive gifts like diamond rings, pendents etc) including ALL household expenses and child expenses which was borne only by me. (Also, the household expenses were more as we were spending relative to both of our salary. ).

Can she demand ALL the money she has spent (or transferred to me) ?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     23 October 2018

Dear querist,

No, she cannot demand all money as running family is responsibility of both partners burden cannot be placed on one partner incase both are earning.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

combattant (IT)     24 October 2018

Originally posted by : Deepak Joshi

No, she cannot demand all money as running family is responsibility of both partners burden cannot be placed on one partner incase both are earning.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Thank you so much Mr. Deepak for your response! Could you please help me with any link/reference to any judgement related to this?

Martin S.   25 October 2018

Originally posted by : combattant
Me and my wife are getting divorced. However, she is demanding every penny of money she had spent (transferred to my account) since marriage. Both of us were working, so as any normal married copule we had decided to spend all the money I earn in household and even her personal expenses and save her salary as savings and emergencies. Now, she is asking all the money back (most of which are already spent on family matters). Can she really demand all her money back? What about her day to day expenses (and other expensive gifts like diamond rings, pendents etc) including ALL household expenses and child expenses which was borne only by me. (Also, the household expenses were more as we were spending relative to both of our salary. ).

Can she demand ALL the money she has spent (or transferred to me) ?

She  can aska you every naya paisa and you have to give it back.

Shashi Dhara   25 October 2018

The court decides it .give proper proof and win the suit.

gautam arora (Asst. Law (PSU))     08 November 2018

She can demand as much she wants to. However, for securing this amount she would have to plead before the Court and its up to the Court to decide upon the amount of alimony givind proper consideration to the facts of the case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register