LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen (business)     10 October 2018

What case I can file on my wife and in-laws

False promises of leading family life and not keeping promise and cheating. Tried to poisoning me with the help of mother. Since more than 4 years staying in her parental house to ruin my life. Only 4 months family life in 5 years. I am mentally upset as staying single at work place and lost parents 7 years back. Even though I didn't take any dowry she claiming that they have given huge amount which none can offer me. Even before marriage bcoz of her arrogant nature I thought of cancelling marriage later all of them asked sorry and convinced me for marriage later cheated by not fulfilling promises of married life by living together. I have many SMS related to it which exchanged before marriage. They trying to ruin whole my life, not ready either for family or to the divorce. Kindly suggest what best cases I can file.

Learning

8 Replies

Rahul   10 October 2018

Cases/Petitions/Suits Which Can be Filed:

1. Restitution of Conjual Rights S.9 of Hindu Marriage Act.

2. Attempt to Murder S.307 of IPC.

3.Divorce under S.13 of Hindu Marriage Act.

However in the cases above it carries latency and risk of losing money and time.

Firstly, If you file for divorce because your wife deserted you and the marraige house. She or her lawyer will contend that you did Cruelty under S.498 A of IPC. So there is possibility of you either losing or going to jail. Hypothetically.

Secondly, If you file for attempt to Murder then you need to prove it . And from the above given information it dosent seem that you filed a FIR . And futher more from the above info , it seems as though limitation period has also expired.

Thirdly , File for restitution of Conjual Rights , she will contended under S.498 A of IPC. 

So basically your stuck in between a very sticky situation.

You can file any of the case above . But it seems as though u need to a Fresh start in your life and want to get newly married . Go for restitution of conjugal right and then go for divorce. 

(Guest)

Don't file cases, civil or criminal. Nothing you can acheive. In a few months your anguish will subside and pain will start if you go legal. Sorry to say, but you just play the waiting game now. Let them ask you for divorce eventually and give it. I am telling you -- once you start the legal route, it'll be hell all the way. Laws are so woman friendly that what you've been through will be NOTHING compared to what you'll go through.

Don't listen to people who urge you to file cases etc., especially advocates. They will instigate you, show you heaven in your palm to squeeze fees from you and make their living by making you suffer. 

Relax, and try as best as possible to resolve this mutually.

Helping Hand Advocate   10 October 2018

Originally posted by : naveen

False promises of leading family life and not keeping promise and cheating.
Tried to poisoning me with the help of mother.

Complaint in private under section 307 of IPC.

Since more than 4 years staying in her parental house to ruin my life.
Only 4 months family life in 5 years.
I am mentally upset as staying single at work place and lost parents 7 years back.

Petition under section 9 of HMA if you are Hindu.

Even though I didn't take any dowry she claiming that they have given huge amount which none can offer me.
Even before marriage bcoz of her arrogant nature I thought of cancelling marriage later all of them asked sorry and convinced me for marriage later cheated by not fulfilling promises of married life by living together.
I have many SMS related to it which exchanged before marriage.
They trying to ruin whole my life, not ready either for family or to the divorce.

Kindly suggest what best cases I can file.

Complaint in private under section 307 of IPC and Section 9 of HMA.

naveen (business)     11 October 2018

Can I file cheating case.? Case invoking article, 14 and 21 right to life. They ruined my life. Breaking trust, I have SMS to prove it, which she sent before marriage. Threatening of life some call records of her mother and wife. Poisoning by using suggestions superstitious person and trying to escape by interpreting other family members name. One more thing 4.5 years back I sent her through police station, she denied all the suggestions of police officers while leaving my house. What best I can do?

Can I file cheating case.? Case invoking article, 14 and 21 right to life. They ruined my life. Breaking trust, I have SMS to prove it, which she sent before marriage. Threatening of life some call records of her mother and wife. Poisoning by using suggestions superstitious person and trying to escape by interpreting other family members name. One more thing 4.5 years back I sent her through police station, she denied all the suggestions of police officers while leaving my house. What best I can do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register