Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant   06 October 2018

Modification of consent decree under section 151

Hallo Experts,

I have settled my divorce case peacefully with my Husband with a mutually agreed terms in 2015 wherein joint custody was agreed between us. Now after 3 years I found a perfect match for myself and want to settle in Austraila. TI have here is legal hurdle about custody of child as he would not be able to secure permanent citizenship of Australia as it is joint is joint legal custody with my ex husband. What should I do?

My lawyer says that you cannot take the child and shift or settle in Australia permanently . He advices that we need to file a miscellaneous application in family court for permanent custody under section 151. which work fast then custody

My question is;

1 Should I file application under section 151 is it maintatinable as we have a Decree arising out of Mutual Consent terms is it right right application as this is not an Petition.

2 Is the Section 151 correction section and applciation filed under that is enough

3 If yes than how much time this would take as I am planning getting married in January 2019

2 What are the other remedies that can be filed.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register