Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. Liyakath Basha (student)     16 May 2010

legal action against grandfather prop holders?

Hi ,

I am 22 yrs old . My grandfather passed away on feb2010 without partitioning his property and wealth. My mother is his third child and totally there are 2 sons and 3 daughters including my mother. The 2 sons and one daughter have been living there from till the house was built in 1987. Other than that he has one more plot and flat.Now that he has passed away it must be split among the five people. But the other 4 are trying to occupy and cheat us by not giving wealth. As a major and along with my mother how can v take legal action them so that we can get our share? 

Learning

3 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     16 May 2010

u can file a suit for partition of the property in question and hv ur share determined by court. It is also to be verified if he has made and published his will by which he may have made arragement as to who will get the property. However, in absence of will ur mother definately is entitiled to her share.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 May 2010

Your mother will have to file a suit for partition and seperate possession of her share, she will get equal share along with other legal heirs of your grandfather.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     16 May 2010

Your mother have to file suit for her 1/5th share of property.

If your grand mother is alive, your mother have to file suit for her 1/6th share .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register