LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhanudassss (service)     14 May 2010

list of documents by defendant

whether defendant in his  written statement should give list of documents actually attached/filed or both attached and relied? Please answer this as soon as possible because in my written statement I only gave list of documents which were attached but I relied on many other documents which is mentioned in the W.S.

Learning

2 Replies

Ayush (Advocate)     14 May 2010

a defendant should necessarily attach all the document mentioned on a list on which he relies with the written statement, but it is not a hard rule that you cannot present the said document at the later stage, you can, on leave of the court, file the documents at the time of evidence. You should have a good reason for the leave of the court.

bhanudassss (service)     14 May 2010

Thanks for the reply.  I made statement in the WS that I rely on ...document and it will be produced as and when required by the court. Now my question was whether this document should have been mentioned in the list of documents attached to WS. I mentioned in the list only those which were attached. Please make further clear about it. Whether should I apply for amendment of of the WS or there are other ways.  I have not file afidavit yet.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register