LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin kulkarni   09 September 2018

adoption by step father

I am a hindu widow with 6 yr old daughter. Now I am going to marry a hindu Divorcee without a child. He is leaving in Tanzania for work from lastv4 yrs , but he is indian citizen by birth. Now I want to change the middle name and surname of my daughter with the new husbands for passport and visa applications. Kindly suggest the shortest and legel procedure to carryout the name change of my daughter.
I am very tensed, kindly give your valuable opinion.
Thank you.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     09 September 2018

Dear querist,

Your husband need to make valid adoption deed and get is registered, you need NOC from your first husband as he is biological father.

If sub register office does not accept deed then you may need to approach court for adoption.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Dear querist,

Your husband need to make valid adoption deed and get is registered, you need NOC from your first husband as he is biological father.

If sub register office does not accept deed then you may need to approach court for adoption.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. Sir as I am widow so I think NOC from biological father is not applicable for me. Pls reply.

Originally posted by : sachin kulkarni
Thank you very much for your valuable reply.
Sir as I am widow so I think NOC from biological father is not applicable for me.
Pls reply.

Sorry, I read between lines, in your case you don’t need NOC.

Thank you very much sir🙏🙏🙏

Sir where do you practice...

Sidharth Nair   11 September 2018

The official method for a name change needs you to go to your local Notary and make an affidavit regarding change of your daughter's name. Submit it in your respective District Court before a Magistrate or Notary Public.The Affidavit must mention the current name and the desired new name, and may mention in brief the reason for name change.

Hope this helps.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register