LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharath chandran   06 September 2018

fake 498a filed for maintenance after filing annuility

Me and my wife got married on Oct 22, 2017. Within 1 month when she went to her mother's house to get albums she got psychiatric problems( she already had it which was hidden from us)she started sending weird WhatsApp and fb msgs. We didn't want to leave the girl and after some treatment for one month her father called and informed that she is alright.
I went and took her home and that night she was behaving very violently and tried to commit suicide. We managed to stop her and informed her parents about this. They came next day and took her and all her belongings and assured that we can split this relation in panchayat.( I have booked all the train tickets and have them with me)

After that they didn't proceed any further and didn't want to end this relationship and wanted me to live with her and her dad dint give us her old medical certificate with her treatments. So we filed for annulity of marriage on March this year. After that her sister and uncle had called and asked to more chances to live with her( we have the call record they even accepted that she had a psychological problem and was taking medication ). We refused as she attempted suicide we feared that she might do something.

Now the girls family has claimed false 498a on us claiming maintenance also saying that she got this mental illness bcoz of our torture. Also they have claimed that we have kept the gold with us and didn't return it.

We lived jointly for 25 days. After they took her on dec-17, we have filed for annulity on mar3 in CHENNAI. They have filed for 498a on June 1 after receiving our notice. This case is in kerala. I have proofs of all the gifts I have brought her and photos of places that I took her in this period.

Please suggest how to proceed on this?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     07 September 2018

In such short period of marriage it will be difficult for your wife to prove their case.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     07 September 2018

you need to defend maintenance case, chances care less that she will get maintenance, subject to merits of Case.

Ajay sharma   07 September 2018

AJAY SHARMA, ADVOCATE AT HIGH COURT AT J&K,

WE HAVE TO FILE AN LEGAL NOTICE IN THIS MATTER, I WOULD DRAFT IT YKU CAN CALL ME ON 09906298380......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register