LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Apu Biswas   05 September 2018

Not getting relieving letter

This is to inform you that, I am going to file a case against my previous employer regarding the relieving letter. I worked in a BPO company in Kolkata and I left that organization without serving the 2 months of the notice period. After that they did not provide me the relieving letter and my last month of salary. now I need that letter as reputed companies are not accepting me without the relieving letter. My lawer asked me to file a case under "money suit".Will that be okey? or is there any other way? I did everything.

Learning

6 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 September 2018

What were the service conditions of this BPO Job. You are admitting that you have not given them 2 months' notice before you quit the job. Going to Court will not solve your problem. Even if you go to Court, just imagine how long it will take the Case comes up for Judgement. Instead of going to Court, better go to the previous employer, talk to the HR and get the matter amicably settled. That uitimately shall give you quicker and better result.

Sir, as I told you I did everything. So plz try to understand. Hr do not want to talk. Then how will I speak to them? They Already told me they will not give me the relieveing letter at any cost and there is no reason.

Sir, as I told you I did everything. So plz try to understand. Hr do not want to talk. Then how will I speak to them? They Already told me they will not give me the relieveing letter at any cost and there is no reason.

Gopalakrishnan Naduvathery   05 September 2018

Getting a relieving letter is your right. you must first apply in writing for a relieving letter. then approach Labour Commissioner. There also you must submit an application against the employer. They have to issue the relieving letter. if needed they can mention about the absence of relieving letter and may also recover from you salary for the notice period.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 September 2018

You are in an unenviable position. It is always better to follow the rules and regulations of an organisation when we are employed therein. If relieving order is insisted, they may mention in the same letter about breaching the contract by resigning without giving the required notice. Anyhow, if tyou feel that he relieving letter is a "must" and the employer is not cooperative in that they are not even entertaining you to have an appointment, you shall have to approach Labour Court. 

Apu Biswas   06 September 2018

Gopalakrishnan sir, everything has been done. I sent emails, written letter through speed post to the hr team and ceo, still they are not responding.Sir, I also approached to the labour commission.They told they are thinking about this matter. I think you know about govt employees and people wants to do govt jobs. You do your work or don't work you will get your salary. They are just to take salary only. So I think now I have only option COURT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register