LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gunaseeli kennady   31 August 2018

cousin marriage

Can i marry my first cousin, (he is my mothers sisters son) we r christians, and parents are against our relation. I have seen lot of querys but couldnt conclude.. Can we register our marriage, will it consider as valid? Is there any problem after we register our marriage. Means in future. If parents give any complaint against this what all problems may occur? parents are emotionally blackmailing us. can we get married legally? What are the formalities? Egerly waiting for a reply. Help me.

Learning

6 Replies

Ankit Gupta   31 August 2018

on the above mentioned query , if both of you are major / adult, then yes obviously you can marry each other by the Hindu law. and thereafter please execute the marriage registration in the concerned court. after the marriage registration, the marriage is 100% legal.

if any confusion then contact me on
ANKIT GUPTA ADVOCATE

gunaseeli kennady   31 August 2018

yes we are major. But Christian so will it consider as legal marriage?

Ankit Gupta   01 September 2018

in the Constitution of India except Muslims , all religion i.e. jain, parsi, sikh, Christian etc. are Hindu. so the Hindu law is lie on yours.
yes .

gunaseeli kennady   01 September 2018

Thank you @ankit gupta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 September 2018

GO thru;

THE INDIAN CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE ACT, 1872;3,19,44,66,81,82,88

THE SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT, 1872

2;(4) the parties must not be related to each other in any degree of consanguinity or affinity which would, according to any law to which either of them is subject, render a marriage between them illegal.

Central Government Act

The Special Marriage Act, 1954;2(b), 4(d)

THE FIRST SCHEDULE (See Sec.2 (b)) Degree of Prohibited Relationship

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 September 2018

Delhi High Court

O.P. Gogne vs State (Nct Of Delhi) & Ors on 26 July, 2011

Author: Suresh Kait

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register