Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Natarajan Sankar   24 August 2018

Sale of land

Hi,

My mother purchased a land from my maternal grandfather in 2009. The land was in the name of my grandmother who died in 2003. My grandfather didn't obtained legal heir certificate.

The land deed was signed between my mother and her other three siblings stating that they gave up any right to the property.

Now that my grandfather has died in 2015 and we have obtained legal heir certificate.

My mother want's to sell the land now and seller is asking legal heir certificate of my grandmother. Can it be obtained?

or is there any other alternative?

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 August 2018

You queried "my mother purchased land from my maternal grandfather in 2009.  Is that property ancestral or self acquired of your grandfather?  For which property, your mother and her siblings gave up their right.  In whose favour? your query is not clear.

Natarajan Sankar   24 August 2018

The said property was self acquired by my grandfather in the name of my grandmother.After my grandmother's death my grandfather sold the property to my mother.in the deed my two uncle and one aunt signed. Now we want to sell the property and buyer wants my grandmother legal hire certificate which was not obtained by my grandfather

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 August 2018

It is self acquired property of your grandfather, and if it is intestate, all his legal heirs are having equal rights.  Any relinquishments must be in writing and duly registered.

The query is about legal heir certificate, and obtaining it is simple and a formal application to Tehasildar can get the certificate maximum within two weeks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register