LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shilpa   23 August 2018

Hit and run -FIR

Hello all- I am writing this as I'm scared to death abouy the accident which happened by me...one women was hit by my dio 2 wheeler vehicle...I take complete responsibility and I'm really sorry for walhag happened. She had a minor injury and her hand was fractured.. I was about to go to hospital with them but since they went in auto n I was following them I missed that auto as many autos were in front of me.Dint know what to do. After a week I received a call from malleshwaram police station thay the victim has filed an FIR against me. Y brother went and spoke to them they sized the vehicle. And unfortunately i don't hava liscence too... I am really scared now . They have askede to come over to station for talking. Not sure how this goes. I'm terribly sorry for wat happened. I take full accountability and ready to pay first. Please advise ...what will be the fine .and can FIR be withdrawn??? Please help . Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     23 August 2018

HII Shilpa,
The FIR must have been registered under the provisions of Rash & Negligent driving of the Indian Penal Code.

The matter can be settled and FIR can be with drawn by the complainant/victim.

When you go to the policestation please tell them that you are ready to take accountability of the said accident and that you will compensate them .

If the victim so agreees ,your case will be referred to the Lok Adalat and the matter will be
compounded and u can take your two wheeler back from the police after compounding of the said case.

Solomon Raj,
Advocate,High Courts of AP & TS.
Bharat Gaurav Samman Awardee.
email:rajcarey@yahoo.com
ph:9866545086

K Chakraborty   23 August 2018

shilpa
as you stated.... this offence can be compound... you told that was minor injury.... so I don't think so it is a any tuff deal... just go to the police station and talk with them.... they may fine you in MV act... if police treat it in the way of IPC I think it will be bailable section.... so don't worry

Shilpa   24 August 2018

Thank u so much for the responses. I went to police station and got to know that she was admitted to manipal hospital and got operation for hand fracture and she and her son both are teachers and earn 2lakhs per month. Hospital bill was around 1lakhs 6 thousand. My family members someone spoke to police and we got bail after paying 7 thousand. After settling they asked us to come after 2months to the court and sign with fine of around 3 thousand. But they told it's between you and victim you both may settle or got for case further. I am not sure what to do now. If they file a case on me I am not in a position to pay that much amount. I am the only earning person and I don't have father. I have broth and mother to take care off. I am really sorry for what happened.please help.

Shilpa   24 August 2018

And also I got my bike back after RTO audit

Vijay Malik   24 August 2018

In this case you should be telling all these things to the victim, i am sure they dont have time to run around for court dates. Talk with them, apologize, request that you don't have means to pay that much. Apologies in this forum won't help you in this legal matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register