Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manojkumar   06 August 2018

Demanding takeover charge of 4% by hdfc bank

Good evening all

I have been banking with HDFC bank for about 9-10 years. i am availing C.C facility also. Recently there were lot of transfers of Relationship managers in my branch due to which i dint get proper service. There were lot of communication gaps. There were unnecessory auto debits for the stock insurance even after me giving request (request was given 1 year back with proof of my policy with other insurance company) because i have taken a stock insurance policy much better than what they were offering. And i had approached them for an enhancement which they rejected. Being their customer for the past decade and my request going unanswered, i was forced to approach a new bank. They sanctioned the amount i requested for. Now the HDFC is demanding 4% takeover charge but no charges for closure with your own funds.

i need to know the following

1) Is there rule by RBI that home bank is entitiled for 4% charges for take over because the branch manager said that this rule was passed by RBI in october 2017

2) If i close with part amount then is HDFC entitled only for the take over amount.

3) Some say that what closure charges mentioned in the Sanction letter or yearly remewal letter will be considered.

4) Since i have been with the bank for past 9 years and moving out due to bad service, theres no agenda of any other gain since these charges should not be levied.

Please advice, Thankyou

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register